Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small Business In a Mall

Array

If I couldn't keep an eye on the merchandise, then I wouldn't do it. And I don't know if I have ever seen a display outside of a store in a mall. I've seen then at strip malls, but there is always an employee with the merchandise. Sorry I'm not much help.

I am running (60) 15 second radio spots between this thursday and next friday, all between the hours of 3-6pm, really targeting that after school crowd. It is on the one station in my city that caters to the youth, it cost $300. I will let you know what it does for me. I have always been curious as to how effective radio could be for a small business...

I am also running a buy one get one half off sale on the brand the has been moving the slowest

Array

Getting the timing and pricing right is just part of the puzzle when it comes to radio. It has to be written well and geared towards the target audience in order to really be effective.

Array

I was at the mall yesterday and while walking around I was thinking about you and your question. I looked at how other stores were attracting visitors to their store. Most of the stores were similar, nice displays in windows, sale table inside entrance, big sign at entrance advertising sale. As I kept walking I heard music coming from one store, it wasn't anything I recognized but I'm sure young people would, it had a lot of base in it. The sound wasn't overpowering or too loud, and I could only hear it as I was walking past the store, but it made me stop and look at the store. It was Ambercrombie & Fitch. The other thing I noticed about the store was that there wasn't a window display. Their windows were covered with black wooden blinds partially opened. I thought it was an interesting way to lure visitors. I'm sure most kids know about the store, but for other people, it was like saying "come look what is behind window #1."

Array

I haven't noticed to many window displays at malls?

Most of the time the "front" is all open so there might be product shelves near the entrance. That's typically what catches my eye and often pulls my wife and I closer for a better look. Less expensive items that might catch those impulsive spenders - that's pretty much the purpose of the kiosk - they are right in the traffic and often gifts for under 20.00.
    Always listen to the experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. Robert Heinlein