Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Constant Contact or another option - E-mail Marketing

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Default Constant Contact or another option - E-mail Marketing

We've been using Constant Contact for a while now for e-mail marketing. It works reasonably well and the price is o.k. Still, lately, we've had a few times when the site was down, and they recently changed how e-mails are constructed and I'm not sure I like the changes. I'm wondering who other people use. If you do e-mail marketing, who do you use and why?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I don't currently do any email marketing, though at some point I plan to. I'll likely go with either Aweber or Mailchimp. Both offer a lot of features and seem reasonably priced. Most of the email marketing that reaches me usually goes through Aweber. It seems to be the choice of internet marketers.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I see a lot of people also using Email Marketing Solutions, Targeted Email Marketing, Mass Email Marketing | Emma, Inc..
    I don't use one either, but it's also on my list and I will likely use something that either integrates into WordPress as a plug in, or a stand alone solution that I can install and run myself without the monthly fees.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I can't really offer a vote, but I will say that I'm not too excited about some of the changes with CC either. It makes me wonder how much fallout they may experience.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

I really like MailChimp.com. Aweber is good too, but MailChimp is free up to 2000 subscribers. It really allows a small business to get up and off the ground with an email marketing campaign before having to pay for services. MailChimp also seems to be on the cutting edge of features compared to competition.

<please set up a signature>

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Thank you for the responses! I've heard of all the companies you've mentioned. Aweber seems to be mentioned a lot among the marketing professionals that I know. May be worth a look.

Some others you might want to consider...

iContact
    Benchmark Email
    SmartYourBiz.com
    Technology & Services for Small Businesses

Array

MailChimp, MailChimp, MailChimp! I've used Constant Contact in the past as well, but I hated it! Way too many formatting nightmares. MailChimp has a much cleaner feel and seems much more user friendly to me. Their templates are much easier to work with in my experience as well.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

And thank you all for more options to investigate. I liked Constant Contact when we first started using it, but they've made some changes to how things work and I'm not sure the changes were for the better. Now, at least, I have some options to look at and decide if we need to change.

We use MailChimp for our E-mail Marketing Solution, seems a better fit for our business and objectives. Never had any issues and very user friendly.
    Online Marketing Solutions for Small Business Marketing Ideas and SMS Marketing for business.