Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Constant Contact or another option - E-mail Marketing

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Thanks for the extra info. I should skim through their blog and find some of the posts. It's an interesting topic.

if you're reading the TOS to see if you're a spammer in our eyes, then you probably are and may want to consider looking elsewhere.
    Funny. I've used a similar line myself a few times.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I've found MadMimi.com to offer the best prices and a great service. We use them and I highly recommend it.
    Best Name Badges & BNB Promotional Products | Custom Name Badges, Promotional Products, Pin Buttons, and More!
    Find Us On Google +

Based on my experience, I would vote for MailChimp. I transferred from Constant Contact and really haven't looked back. For my needs, I found it easier to use and more reliable.

Array

We have used mailchimp in the past but MadMimi.com as mentioned by BNB do offer great prices and supposedly a good service.
    LedgerDocs - Online Document Sharing | Online Document Storage | Manage Documents Online

Array

Quote Originally Posted by bradjones View Post
    We have used mailchimp in the past but MadMimi.com as mentioned by BNB do offer great prices and supposedly a good service.
    MadMimi is about half the price of the other services... all my emails get inboxed, the system is extremely easy to use as well. They have all sorts of tracking - who viewed, unsub, reported spam, clicks on which links, etc. etc. Why pay so much more for these other services?
    Best Name Badges & BNB Promotional Products | Custom Name Badges, Promotional Products, Pin Buttons, and More!
    Find Us On Google +

MailChimp is definitely the best. They offer a powerful set of tools to analyze your email campaigns and every way possible to target/segment your email campaigns

Array

I am all about control and I thought Aweber and other are in fact good options, I personally like a self hosted solution. I use Interspire's E-mail Marketing software, it's a one time charge of I believe $500 and it's on my own server. To send out the messages I use a sendgrid.com account for $10 a month I can send 40K messages per month!! So since the software is mind, I can have as many lists, contacts and send as much as I want under the 40K line.. there next package is like $80 for 100K / month.. so the $9.99 and 40K e-mails per month should be more than enough

Hope that helps!

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

We did have our own software package for a while, but it ended up not working as well as we had hoped and it didn't give us as many options. I think the software packages can work for some people, but it wasn't the right option for us. Thanks for sharing the info though.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by KristineS View Post
    We did have our own software package for a while, but it ended up not working as well as we had hoped and it didn't give us as many options. I think the software packages can work for some people, but it wasn't the right option for us. Thanks for sharing the info though.
    You are most welcome, I'd give it a look over cause it has a lot, it's web based and does A LOT of what the other e-mail providers do

Array

Kristine, I have used Aweber extensively--and love it--and they consistently get the best deliverability according to other Internet marketers. One very famous person in the industry was doing well, he thought, with his hosted solution. Aweber offered him a trial and his income increased 4-fold! It turned out he was getting about 24% deliverability with his program! Aweber gave him 98+% deliverability!

A client is now using MailChimp and I am impressed with its performance and reporting.

Paul