Thread: BBQ Grill Recommendations?

Default BBQ Grill Recommendations?

I want to get a new BBQ Grill.

Its only my wife and I so it doesn't need to be a big grill, but I do want a hot side and a slow side so a high number of btu's on one side is important. A side burner would be nice. I have an outdoor stove, but the burners are real high power which is great for certain things but if you need to turn the flame way down they don't work so well.

Anybody have anything they really like?

Array

I've had a couple of Weber's over the years and have been happy. A couple other family members would say the same thing.
    Steve B

Array

I've had a Weber for close to 8 years - works great, have had zero problems, and still looks like new.

Array

Make it unanimous... Weber is the way to go!

Don't get swayed by larger surface space of the less expensive grills.

Array

i didnt get the Weber when i bought mine a few years ago...the metal that holds the gas bottle buckled and broke...1 year old and i had to rig a 2x4 to hole the gas bottle....it has held up well, but doesnt work correctly now....it may need a new regulator....i cant remember the brand name, but it doesnt matter..

get the Weber...it may cost a couple of hundred more now, but will most likely save you $$ and time later

something to think about.....consider getting it setup for natural gas and hooking it to your house...you'll never run out of gas......i run gas lines for grills all the time

Some of the gas grills I'm finding online are into the thousands. That's a lot for a grill. Things do rust quickly here. I'm about 5 miles from the Gulf of Mexico so I do get some salt water related rust issues so I think I should pay the extra for stainless.

Array

do you need this grill to last 100 years or 2 years???

you can just get a brand new $50 grill every year too

i think your either nuts or cook outdoors too much if your even considering paying $1000+ for a grill

$500-$750 yea i can see it if you want something really nice....i think mine was $250 many years ago and the similar Weber was $400-500....its enough for parties of 20+....unless its Brats i cant cook everyones meal at once, but it always seems to do quite well

i have 1 side burner...i never use it...maybe once i did....i think its more of a novelty

maybe you want this grill to celebrate that $100,000 GM deal your going to get??? maybe they make a gold plated one???

My question as I look at all of these Huggy is I like a steak charred on the outside red in the center so I want a lot of searing heat.. I also like other things slow cooked so I want it to be able to do that as well. The specs seem to say what the total burner btu rating is, but but I'm having trouble finding any specs that really answer my question.

Array

i glanced at my crap grill outside today...now that the snow has melted some.....its a char king or Char something

i have no idea about BTU's and Charring.. you may be over thinking it....when i want a good steak i go out for it....i used to try to cook my own...even went to a specialty meat shop....what i found is its always hit or miss....i started buying them at PickNsave...i found them to be as good as the specialty meat shop....its hit or miss exactly the same....1/2 of them are good 1/2 are poor......I used to like No Name steaks....its been a while since i bought some...ill have to try them again

all of my grilling now is burgers and brats...any grill can cook them well

i may be in the market for a new grill this year too....so let me know what you get and how you like it....im going to try replacing the regulator and if it doesnt fix my grill im tossing it...i got 8-10 years out of it...

I like filet mignon's. You can go to costco or sams and buy a whole beef tenderloin and cut it into steaks, shrink wrap them individually and toss them in the freezer. It saves a lot of money for that cut of meat. Now the really good marbled meat, if that's what you like, is pretty much sold to the high end
    restaurant so its kind of a depends thing.

Since I am in Florida, using a BBQ is an all year appliance. To me its a convenience thing. If I'm going to cook up some basted chicken legs you toss them on a BBQ and when they are done you run a wire brush over it for clean up and you are done. I also have a really small kitchen so cooking is a pain. As you mentioned any run of the mill BBQ will do that or hamburgers and dogs. I just want something that will also sear the meat well for my filet which I can easily eat several times a week. Its hard to figure that out from the published specs. I talked to someone at Home Depot and he didn't have a clue...