Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Positive only posting

Array

Default Positive only posting

I'm tired of the negativity on the TV, the hate on the radio, the venom in the newspapers and the doom prophecies being posted everywhere. It is time for us to stop looking for the bad and ugly in others and our surrounding and start looking for the good. I am challenging everyone who reads this to post something positive about a person, idea, industry, country, etc. The rule is that the positive post has to be about someone or something that you do not like or a concept you disagree with. No backhand insults, they must be true positive comments.

I will start:

President Obama appears to be a good and caring parent to his children and a good husband to his wife. He has generally avoided excessive media exposure of his children and has not used them for political gain.

Minimum wage laws can in limited cases prevent some employers from financially exploiting some workers.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

I agree that its very negative everywhere......its where we are as a country right now....the 2 political parties are at polar opposites and can no longer work together. neither side can see the others view point...i know i cant understand or see it myself.

there isnt much positive going on in our country unless you live in a fairy tail

here's my positive business quote for you though:

starting a business has been the best thing for me and my family i ever could have done. Our increased income and less stress on myself has given me a lifestyle well beyond my dreams.

Here's my positive quote on the winter of 2011-12

The weather here in WI has been Spectacular this year. The business this winter has also been Spectacular too!

Array

Great idea, Neal - challenge accepted!

The next time you feel the need to complain about taxes, think about what your taxes do for you. National, State, and Local Governments are nothing more then non-profit businesses, and the only revenue they have to provide for us are taxes. There are many countries out there that suffer far more taxation for far less public and national security, less transportation infrastructure, less fire protection, less public health research and information, less transparent political transactions, less protected national parks and national treasures, less public education, less freedom of communication, less freedom to succeed (or not), less freedom PERIOD.

Ok, since you started this on a political tone, neal, I'll say this. I'm a registered republican that pretty much can't stand republicans these days. I'm a capitalist, which is why I'm a republican. I'm not an extremest on each side. I'm also opposed on basing a political decision based on special interest beliefs. I want a president who can be commander and chief and fix the economy. That's it!

Having said that, I'll make a positive post about Newt (and I'm not a Newt supporter). He's smart. I think he has been the best debater this year. He doesn't loose his cool. He knows the political game and plays it well. BTW, as much as they talk about being someone outside the beltway, if you can't play the political game you won't be effective in Washington. So I think Newt is a smart, experienced, politician who plays the game very well.

Array

problem with Newt is as a person he's a piece of crap....he is a great debater though.......not happy with any of the choices....thats the problem with the republicans these days.....i fear they will lose to Obama because of it. i am expecting 4 more years of Obama and I will be buying more Gold.

to some people my words are positive eh?

Not to positive Huggy! The way I see it is both the republican and democratic parties take extreme right and left positions to get the nominations within their party. They will never get any crossover votes that way. The republicans have out done themselves on the extreme right this year.

Now I'll say something else positive. I like Ron Pauls idealism. I wish it would work and we could quit being the policeman of the world. He's kind of like listening to John Lennon's Imagine. He's kind of refreshing. Unfortunately idealism doesn't work in the real world, but it is a refreshing viewpoint.

Array

I will ask that all positive comment are kept at just that. Comments on the posting can be moved to other threads.

I personnel find making these type of comments challenging. But it is very useful to forces oneself to make a positive comment about something or someone you dislike without adding disclaimers.

I will add some more comments:

I believe that many people on welfare would rather be working than receiving public money.

Rush Limbaugh is very good at providing commentary that his fans want to hear.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

i will try...
    . evangelical christians think god wants them to be republican...
    ...some progressives sincerely believe people opposed to ILLEGAL immigration are racist.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

I think most religious people have their hearts in the right places

Even my annoying clients pay me, and that's a good thing
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

A short positive story:

I'm in Florida. There are a lot of elderly people here.

I was with a friend years ago. I don't remember the exact situation, but an elderly woman had a face that looked like she would like to kill you. Whatever happened; she dropped something or similar and my friend with me said " can I help you ma'm". Her face lit up. Someone being nice to her and helping her.

That taught me a life long lesson. Be nice to people even if they seem like #@@@@@%. They might just need a friendly face to make their day!!