Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corporationwiki?

Array

Default Corporationwiki?

Does anyone have any experience with listing their company on their site? Is it useful for networking?
    Lloyd Kerry
    Creator of the Kerry-All Pouch
    For more information, visit http://www.kerryallpouch.com e-mail info@kerrywoodworking.com

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I'd never heard of it until you mentioned it. I went and looked and just for grins searched for the company for which I work. It was there, but the information was completely wrong. Names were misspelled, titles were wrong, it was completely inaccurate.

I'm not sure what the point of this is. There are plenty of reputable places to get information on a company. This doesn't appear, to me anyway, to be one of them.

I've come across it a number of times in searches. It appears to scrape information from public sources like state corporate records (most of the ones I saw were from Florida state records). It then attempts to link the same people who may have connections to more than one corporation. It appears to be wholly automated and not very accurate or up-to-date, although perhaps it will improve over time.

Incorrect information, and failure to correct or remove the same, appears to be a common complaint. Corporationwiki.com Complaints

The "wiki" part of the name also seems inaccurate. From Wikipedia:
    A wiki is a website whose users can add, modify, or delete its content via a web browser using a simplified markup language or a rich-text editor.
    Corporationwiki.com does not seem to allow users to add, modify, or delete its content at all.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

You supposedly can add, update data or opt out based on the menu at the bottom. I didn't bother with our company because I doubt anyone is using this site. It does appear to be mostly scraping public information as you said.

Hello KerryAll, more than 7 million people per month visit corporationwiki.com. We feel this is a valuable tool for promoting your business and helps bring your business name up higher in the search engines.

KristineS, there is an "Edit this profile" link at the top right of every company profile. You can make any edits you wish there.

Business Attorney, many people who post on the complaint boards shoot first and then ask for updates or opt-outs later. We make it easy to add or edit data. Look for the "Edit this profile" link at the top of each company profile page. Also, what some people consider "inaccurate" is actually a historical record. The fact that a company existed in the past and what it's structure was is valid and valuable information to many. We never scrape data. The data is obtained in bulk format directly from the states and some from Dun & Bradstreet.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Thanks for stopping by to clarify, CW Admin. I did see the edit this profile. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Thumbs down My Personal Experiences with Corporationwiki Do Not Confirm What You Indicate

Quote Originally Posted by CW Admin View Post
    Hello KerryAll, more than 7 million people per month visit corporationwiki.com. We feel this is a valuable tool for promoting your business and helps bring your business name up higher in the search engines.

KristineS, there is an "Edit this profile" link at the top right of every company profile. You can make any edits you wish there.

Business Attorney, many people who post on the complaint boards shoot first and then ask for updates or opt-outs later. We make it easy to add or edit data. Look for the "Edit this profile" link at the top of each company profile page. Also, what some people consider "inaccurate" is actually a historical record. The fact that a company existed in the past and what it's structure was is valid and valuable information to many. We never scrape data. The data is obtained in bulk format directly from the states and some from Dun & Bradstreet.
    I am completely mortified to find my name and personal information (residential address) incorrectly advertised as a business on Corporationwiki.com . I have attempted to remove/edit the information from the Corporationwiki.com website (url) per its given opt-out instructions to no avail. Most accurately, I have REPEATEDLY attempted to remove/edit the information from the Corporationwiki.com website (url) per its given opt-out instructions to PERSISTENT FAILURE.

The emails that I receive from the Corporationwiki.com website are automated and neither address nor resolve this breach in my privacy and personal safety. Furthermore, Dun and Bradstreet confirm that they likewise, have historically had no luck in receiving relevant followup support from Corporationwiki.com . Dun and Bradstreet indicate that they do not supply much of the information that Corporationwiki.com claims it gets from Dun and Bradstreet.

A perfect illustration of the aforementioned follows: Over a week ago, Dun and Bradstreet deleted the erroneous data that they had for me in their database. They did this PROMPTLY, I might add. Also, Dun and Bradstreet contacted Find a Company and Poedit on my behalf, and each of these organizations in turn, PROMPTLY updated their information per Dun and Bradstreet's database update. However, no one has had success getting Corporationwiki.com to follow suit. Clearly, its database is out-of-line with Dun and Bradstreet's.

Admittedly and unapologetically, I find publishing my personal information online and failing to offer me a bonafide opt-out recourse is out of line as well.

This is not correct. We tried numerous times to correct . It seems to do it then when you do the search an old info which is incorrect appears again. This is affecting our business and we are very frustrated and unhappy with corpwiki services. Nothing seems to work and info does not change . you site is a failure it is listing home addresses and who looked at this company and lists home addresses of people who looked at the profile. There is a lot of legal issues here.

Registered Member
    Array

I think it's a better idea to SEO your own site, because people don't usually search for businesses in big directory. They are more likely to search for keywords or the brand.

I think it's a better idea to SEO your own site, because people don't usually search for businesses in big directory. They are more likely to search for keywords or the brand.
    I agree with this. I mean I have been on the internet a long time and I have never used it to look up a business.
    Hostgator 1 Cent Coupon
    Hostgator Reseller Coupon
    We Also Carry Discounts for Dreamhost, Bluehost and Hostmonster