Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Blogs Better for SEO

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Content is definitely king. I think people are getting more choosy as more outlets become available. If you don't produce useful and helpful stuff for your readers/followers/friends you won't sustain the interest level you need. I should say this is primarily business blogging and social media I'm discussing here. Personal blogging and social media is a completely different thing.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

If you don't produce useful and helpful stuff for your readers/followers/friends you won't sustain the interest level you need.
    Yep. I think businesses are going to have a harder time succeeding if they don't create great content. Maybe not all industries at the moment, but soon enough. People are looking first online more and more for most everything and they can easily window shop from the comfort of home. If there's a choice between someone who just lists products or services and another who's site provides information and keeps the visitor there, I know which one is more likely to get the business.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

This thread is very informative even though it kind deviated a bit from the original question. I have seen first hand how blogs have helped in a site's position. People often can't understand a product by looking at a description and price. They do need to get the feel of what value the product will bring to them. Blogs do serve a double purpose.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Blogs definitely do help a site's position for certain products. We've seen blog posts be indexed in as little as an hour after they are written and posted. You can also target specific keywords, which can be a great help. I definitely think blogs can help with SEO, but I don't think they should be written solely for that reason.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It's not so much that a blog ranks better, but rather that blogs will generally publish an rss feed and ping search engines when a new post is published. That will lead to the search engines crawling the page and often ranking it quickly. Over time the page will rise or fall based on the usual stuff in the algorithms. When I say that I'm specifically referring to the technology behind a blog.

What's really helping long term is you're creating content. More content means more opportunities to rank and pull search traffic. Plus blog posts tend to be informational content which tends to get shared more and attracts more links, both helping the content rank better in search engines.

I don't think the content necessarily has to be on a blog, but we're reaching or have reached the point where if your site doesn't have good content outside of sales pages it's going to be hard to rank for anything. And even if you do your customers will likely by from your competitors who are providing the information. We're past the days where you can launch a simple brochure site and expect it'll do much for your business. For most industries there's too much competition now.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

I guess the myth started because blogs are the more frequently updated than main sites. Therefore, Google takes notice of these sites faster than main sites. This is what I think
    Outsourced Lead Generation and Appointment Setting at Low Cost Plans | CLICK HERE

Hey Vangough

Do you by chance have a link to the next video in progression if there is one? I couldn't find it and it stops right before the next section.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm not sure there's a specific progression to them. If there is I'm sorry, but I don't know which is next. Odds are if you search for Matt Cutts, video, and whatever topic you want you'll be able to find a lot. It may not be a follow up to this one, but Matt usually talks about the same topics more than once.

Array

This is true that blog is best for SEO because blog gives power to site and improves ranking and traffic on site. This is my personal observation and trust me it works. Anyway i like this thread. Thank you all for sharing your ides.

Array

Is Blogging still works for SEO this year 2013? I have seen that this thread was created a year ago. Do the techniques provided in this thread still worth the read and may still be apply on our blogs? Does Pinging blog, RSS feed, Linking back to the main site still matters by today? I've been puzzled about this ideas since the unpredictable update of search engines.

Just want to clear some thoughts in here. Thank you.
    Your daily dose of legal news in California:
    TWITTER:@MesrianiLaw | FACEBOOK:Mesriani Law Group | GOOGLE+ LOCAL: +Mesriani Law Group