Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do You Post on Your Business Facebook Page

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Default What Do You Post on Your Business Facebook Page

I've been experimenting a little with the Facebook page for the business for which I work. I'm posting a mix of helpful stuff, links to blog posts, webinars etc., information about our products and fun stuff that allows our customers to get to know us a bit better. Last week, for instance, we had a day when it snowed pretty hard. I took my phone outside and took a short video of the snow and posted that on the company page. The same day I posted links to a webinar, links to a blog post and a couple of general notes about some trade shows we're doing in March. The mix seems to be working. We're getting more comments and likes.

For those of you who have business Facebook pages, what do you post?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

At the moment I post nothing on my Facebook page, because I haven't set one up for my business. When I do finally set one up I would post excerpts from my blog, though I'd keep the full post on my site. I'd respond to comments and I'd set up some basic info pages. Outside of that I'm not sure what I'd really add. Mainly I'd want to use the page to connect with people who prefer to interact on Facebook and to have some space on Facebook to attract people to, though ultimately my page would be trying to get people back to my site.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Actually, Facebook can be a really good referrer, although it probably works better with some industries and products than others. Because a lot of EnMart's customers are already on Facebook, it made sense to have a company page and it's gotten a good response. We use it mostly as an information portal. Customers and potential customers can ask questions, we promo new items and talk about EnMart happenings and stuff like that. The ultimate goal is to get people to our site and purchasing product, but it also works as a brand recognition device.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I have no question Facebook can be a great referrer and would be good for my business. I don't think I questioned that above. Just haven't set up a business page yet. Sounds like the way you're using the page is the way I'd use it too. Mostly to present information and then to interact with anyone who follows me and wants to connect through Facebook.

I completely agree that it can work as a brand recognition device. To me it's yet one more channel through which we can reach people.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I think the best part of using Facebook has been the ability to connect directly with customers. We do that on the blogs as well, but people seem more comfortable commenting on Facebook. We've also gotten some great market research off the company page. It's wonderful when you can ask a question about something you're considering doing and people will come to the page, of their own free will, and tell you whether or not you should.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Yeah I think it's only natural people are more willing to comment on Facebook since it's what they do on the site all the time. Makes sense you can connect better with them there. Good point about the market research, though I would suggest weighing what your customers say against what you think about your business. What people say they want and what they really want aren't necessarily the same thing.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

True, and we don't make that the only factor that has weight when we make a decision. I'm also aware that we're only seeing a small sample of opinion and our customers. It is nice to have that input though.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

True and I figured you weren't giving the responses 100% weight in your decision.

Another thought about what to add to the page. There are probably some 3rd party applications that could work well. For example earlier today I was reading about the Pinterest Facebook Timeline app and how using it has led to 60% increase in traffic to Pinterest. I think that's for the entire site, but I'd assume your Facebook fans are visiting your Pinterest profile. Here's the article.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Cool, I hadn't heard about the Pinterest Facebook apps yet. Thanks for sharing the article.

I think it's all become kind of a round robin sort of thing. You Tweet something which leads to your Facbeook page which leads to a pin on Pinterest, which leads to a blog post and so on. I prefer that to the people who post the same thing on multiple platforms. That drives me nuts. If I follow you in more than one place, which I do with a number of people, I don't want to see repeats of the same content. Shape the content to the platform.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It looks like the app has been out for about a month. According to the article at least. I only know through the article.

I see more and more social sites connecting to each other. A lot are now requiring you to have an account with one of the big ones, usually Facebook or Twitter, but even Google+ at times. I don't care when sites require it, like Pinterest does. I think giving the option to connect them is great, but requiring the connection has kept me away from joining some sites. I don't necessarily want to share my interests in one place with all the people I'm connected to in another. I don't think it's how any of us form connections offline and I don't think it's how we should be forced to connect online either.