Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how is 2012 looking for your business?

Array

Default how is 2012 looking for your business?

ive been very busy since Nov 2011. this will be the busiest winter ive ever had (after the worst summer ever- 2011)

i just signed (2) $50,000 jobs the past 2 weeks and my gross sales are already over $120,000 for 2012

ive had $400,000-425,000 a year in sales the past 2 years...this year is guaranteed to be over $500,000...maybe even getting close to $600,000+ depending on if im able to hire or not.

homeowners are calling me again to do mid/large size jobs (havent had that in 1 1/2 years)....
    builders are getting new homes, additions and large remodels

its really different right now than what ive experience in business over the past 5 years....im getting more jobs and larger jobs...many are high end

people are spending again....i question every homeowner on WHY they chose to spend NOW....the response = good news for all of us

how is your 2012 going and looking?

Array

last 4 months have been record breaking for us....i dont see why but im very happy....also im hearing good repoerts from a lot of businesses i talk to...not all for sure...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

The gas station and car wash business is picking up. There just seems to be a different attitude among the public-at-large - a little less nervous and a little more positive.

Array

This was my best January ever - double my previous best. In my case, it's because of the warm weather.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm doing pretty good too, though I don't think I'm setting any kind of records. Things picked up a lot starting last fall. This is normally when I'm busiest so it's hard to know if what I'm seeing is within a normal range or not. Most of the economic new has generally been good the last few months so maybe what we're all seeing is a trend in the right direction. That's 5 of us in a row now doing well so far. I don't recall that being the usual response when you've asked the question at other times. Let's hope it continues.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

i took in $10,000 this week all from homeowner jobs....(5) of them.....i cant remember if i ever took in $10k in a single week from homeowner jobs.....yea i get builder checks from $5000 to $15,000 all the time.....but most of my homeowner jobs over the past couple of years have been $200-800 range

so its definitely something different right now for me

average homeowners are starting to do more than just repairs...they are starting to spend on remodels.......

Array

I'm doing well, also. One of my busier two month periods in quite some time. It's why I haven't been here as much.

The economy is definitely improving.
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here

I've had a very busy month or two. A couple of holidays slowed things down but I've had some really large orders.Spring and summer are my good seasons so if this continues it will be a really good year!

Array

My Feb is over and my hours are nearly double a typical Feb....

ive had a slow week this week, but looks like March is pretty much booked up already....its going to be a record breaking March for me....

many people are dead slow and going under....seems like only a few of us in construction are busy like me......its odd

Array

It sounds to me like only the strong have survived in your area HT. As you mentioned in the past, many of your competitors have poor business skills. Even poor businesses can survive when things are going well in the economy, but a slow economy has a way of weeding out the weak organizations.
    Steve B