Thread: lilttle star question

Array

Default lilttle star question

randomly.. a little yellow star pops up with an exclamation point in it when i click on a link..... what is this? it just started about a week ago.... sometimes it appears sometimes it doesnt...it makes a noise.... it has happened on my own link that worked hours earlier.... so i dont think it means a bad connection....any ideas?
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Where are you seeing these stars? Here on the forum or in general? Could you point me to one? I probably need to see one either here or wherever you're seeing them to offer any ideas what it might be.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

thanks....ill ask dh...maybe its about our firewall or virus protection.... it just started in thelast few weeks tho....
    not here....but i dont click on links here.... i click on a link and it doesnt come up...instead there is a loud click and the star appears...then later i can get to the link

Array

vg...dh gets it too...and says we need to reboot...also that right cllicking and starting over helps..... we are on a network linking 5 or 6 computers together...3 laptops, ipad and 3 computers...in different locations...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I thought I would try some searching and you aren't the only one seeing this. I found someone saying it's caused by Google's popup blocker. If you want to turn it off it's on the Google Toolbar, but if you turn it off then you'll get more popups when you visit some sites. I'm not sure if that's the same thing you're seeing, but the description was same yellow star with a red exclamation point.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

thanks!!! thats it probably...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Glad to help. Hopefully that was it and you can make the stars go away.

Array

of course we dont want the pop ups either...we are going to try it and see if our pop up protector works ...... dh says i need to learn to reboot...lol...

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Funny. Rebooting is pretty easy. I promise it's not hard and it's sometimes the cure all for whatever is ailing your computer. Not always, but it's usually something to try when things aren't working right.