Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PHP Invoicing script

Array

Quote Originally Posted by billbenson View Post
    Ya, that's why I said 40 hours for generating a pdf with php. It's finding the proper functions for making it look pretty. The basic create a pdf in php is very simple. I'll take a look at FPDF. Even though MyITGuy has a way of handling multiple applications, it makes no sense for me to scrap a system that works, research and get other applications and go to a multi application approach.
    FPDF doesn't have anything to do with the multiple applications part of the discussion, it's just a PHP Class you add a reference to in your your existing code to output the PDF (This addresses the issue where you're host wouldn't enable the PDF Library PDFlib due to the cost/incompatibility they referenced). Thier site also has examples which should help in finding the code you need.

Quote Originally Posted by MyITGuy View Post
    FPDF doesn't have anything to do with the multiple applications part of the discussion, it's just a PHP Class you add a reference to in your your existing code to output the PDF (This addresses the issue where you're host wouldn't enable the PDF Library PDFlib due to the cost/incompatibility they referenced). Thier site also has examples which should help in finding the code you need.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh. I misunderstood you. Just took a look at it. Looks like that should do exactly what I need! Thanks.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by billbenson View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhh. I misunderstood you. Just took a look at it. Looks like that should do exactly what I need! Thanks.
    No problem. I try to address the immediate concerns first (I.E. FPDF), but also take the long term outlook into consideration (I.E. Looking at an application that can fulfill your needs, but still provide the customization you may want/utilize).

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I use a PHP, database backed script called Freelance Manager:
    PHP Scripts - Freelance Manager | CodeCanyon

I believe it does everything that you want and makes tracking, projects, support tickets, billing and tasks easier for clients as well.
    Payment support for Pay Pal, Authorize.net, Moneybookers, and Alert Pay. (All major credit and debit cards)

I installed it in about 5 minutes, (Customized it in about an hour) on a folder of my existing site and just link to it from the menu.
    I have it on SSL, but it's not necessary. It merely provides the payment gateway so it doesn't store or process credit cards.
    Clients can log in to pay, or you can send an invoice via email.
    I love it!

PM me if you want to try it out from the client side. I have a dummy account created for demo purposes.

This one also looked promising, Ultimate Client Manager:
    PHP Scripts - Ultimate Client Manager - Lite Edition | CodeCanyon
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 03-03-2012 at 10:06 PM.