Thread: Georgia

Default Georgia

Sorry for the last post in the intro. Something went wrong on the text. But anyways.... Hi, my name is Ben. Awesome forum. I started my business in October of 2010 after researching services with low start-up costs and low overhead. I picked one and became a cleaning service. I have never been much of a salesman so I decided to see what I could do with the net. Since I sit at home with no real job while my Gf goes to school. I have recieved numerous inbound calls for work from refferals such as Google (mostly), Facebook and LinkedIn. I made roughly $6,000 for 2011, with one yearly residential contract for $2000. Lol. I know its not much but its a start. I used some of the money to get rappel training. In January I will be taking a master certification course in rescue rappel to become an instructor so I can train my own employees. Although I have not done one rappel job because the insurance is so expensive. But until I can get in the air, I have to do what I can from the ground. Like small commercial and residential. Which brings me to this forum. How to become more comfortable when approaching people?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Ben.

I think the best way to become more comfortable approaching people is to approach them and practice. Usually if you have a script in mind for what you want to say in advance it can help. It's not that you want to blindly follow the script, but by anticipating people's objections and questions you can have some answers at the ready to keep the conversation going.

Thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals