Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Google +

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I wouldn't write off any of them. Not that you need to be everywhere all the time. They all have benefits and mostly that's in being able to reach people you couldn't otherwise reach. Try each and see which you like and think you can best contribute to. Think about where your customers are. Do well with one and then add another. I do think long term G+ will likely provide the most benefit in terms of seo, but that's mainly because it's Google feeding Google. They have more access to their own data and are more likely to trust it, so they're more likely to use it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

How are you trying to use Google+ I use it to set up all of our agents across the country with Google numbers and local numbers at their specific addresses.
    These agents work for us locally in these towns for merchant services and business cash advance. So we have to be very smart and diligent in how we drive traffic. Let me know how I can help you. I use Local.com, Yelp, Merchant Circle and others.

I have been doing online marketing for 13 years so I will be glad to help you.

Vince Virzi

Array

Let me make no amends here, if you are small business owner with or without a website Google+ is critical to get local rankings in Google.

I'll be the first to admit I don't even use Google+ as a networking resource at the moment. When it launched I added family, friends, and people in my network but, other than adding people, I don't buy into the soical authority side of it at all.

The key of Google+ for small buisness owner is creating or claiming your local business page on Google+ Local (formerly Google Places).

When you search for local businesses in any given city, you get that 3-7 "pack" of Google+ Local results right at the top of the organic listings.

Getting visibility for my business is why I use Google+ and nothing more (at least right now).

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Bratcher View Post
    Let me make no amends here, if you are small business owner with or without a website Google+ is critical to get local rankings in Google.

I'll be the first to admit I don't even use Google+ as a networking resource at the moment. When it launched I added family, friends, and people in my network but, other than adding people, I don't buy into the soical authority side of it at all.

The key of Google+ for small buisness owner is creating or claiming your local business page on Google+ Local (formerly Google Places).

When you search for local businesses in any given city, you get that 3-7 "pack" of Google+ Local results right at the top of the organic listings.

Getting visibility for my business is why I use Google+ and nothing more (at least right now).
    I concur. That is definitely what it's good for.