Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Backlinks

Array

last year ,swapping links was mainstream advice in many many places...thus a big goal for lots of businesses.... we never went there...so i guess that was a good move...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

ann, it's been quite a few years now since link exchanges were a good way of improving site placement. That's why you need to study and be careful of what people are telling you. I'm sure there are people out there with sites that rank high and got there 5 years ago doing recip links. The thing they don't tell you and may not even know, is that the reason they are still ranking well is they have a domain that has been around for years and over the years they have built up good content.

Array

i heard it alot and never did it....in your world it might have been obvious long before it filtered down to the non tekkie world....but whatever, i never bought into it, as i said....
    . what you descrilbe is how our site has grown....good content..organic growth...and longevity..
    .now the same idea is moving around on facebook...a popular idea ~~you like my page and i like yours.... and maybe your like list grows , imho, but you end up with a lot who arent really what you are hoping for...
    Last edited by greenoak; 01-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com