Thread: Google's new real time analytic tool

Array

Default Google's new real time analytic tool

I am playing around with Google new real time analytic tool. It shows you number of active visitors, pages view per second, what pages are being viewed, what city they are connecting from (or the IPS is located) and more. It's really quite addictive and very cool.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I know. I've had it about a month now and it can be addictive just watching the traffic come and go on your site. I haven't decided how valuable the info is yet, but it is fun. It's especially cool shortly after launching something promotional and seeing all the people show up at once.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I have been using it to find leaks where visitors have found there way to old obsolete pages. I have also been using it and the visitor flow to analysis how my site is being used. The site speed analyses is also nice. Google did a really good job on this.
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Interesting way to use it. I guess I haven't done a lot with it yet, other than watch the moving numbers. I am trying to get a better feel for what times of day there are more people on my site(s) and I agree about the site speed information.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I've started playing with it for the EnMart site. It's kind of fun. Easy to get caught up in it though. I'm also not sure how useful minute by minute data is yet, but it's kind of fun to watch.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That's how it's been for me Kristine. More fun than useful. I will check it at similar times of day though so I can easily get a feel whether or not traffic is higher or lower than usual at that time. It can also help you tell what times of day most people are visiting your site to help you time the release of new content or a new product.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm sure there are actual advantages to using it. For instance, when we send an e-mail blast, it would be nice to keep an eye on the site and see if we get a corresponding jump in traffic when the e-mails start getting opened.