Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2000 likes...

Array

Default 2000 likes...

our facebook page had 2009 fans/likes....and we are having the best month ever for november.... we market in so many ways but i credit facebook with much of our increased business this month..our biggest event of the season was up over 10%%....over 1000 people thru in 4 days... a lot for us...
    im glad there is a social part on the forum but i sure wish there were some other heavy users on here to compare notes with!...its such a new tool for small businesses... its so exciting and confusing..
    .also i think pinterest is going to be big ....its helping me a whole lot...to see trends...to see what my customers like... and the opposite.... i have about 75 followers in 2 weeks.... its a wonderful new thing imho...its really putting our w ebsite OUT THERE!!!
    Last edited by greenoak; 11-14-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Congratulations on reaching 2000 Facebook fans, Ann. I'm glad to hear that November is going so well for your store, too.

Registered Member
    Array

Congratz on getting to 2000 likes, I think we are getting close to that mark. What kind of business do you have on there. Your right, it is an awesome tool if you know how to use it properly which I am still in the process of trying to figure out lol. We should start a thread for Facebook strategies so the forum could compare notes and what not.

Array

we are a retail store .you can search our fb site...under green oak antiques...i try for lots of pictures....and whats in....then some things for fun, and some for non selling good information...... i try for about 5 posts a week....we talk it up in the store...and get lots of feedback from the customers....
    i would love to hear your strategies etc etc.... we have done a few ads...not sure on that.... i would like to do more polls and other ways to get more interaction.... have you used notes? how about albums? i like those... we link out to our blogs and website a lot too...
    p.s. thanks david....we are really glad we jumped into this..everything we try doesnt work out this well...
    Last edited by greenoak; 11-15-2011 at 09:53 AM.

I had to go look at your pictures since I am an antique lover. Your store looks absolutely lovely. I have been into so many stores that look cluttered. Yours looks so organized, and I am sure that makes it enjoyable for everyone. Platforms like Facebook and Pintrest would definitely work in your favor because the visuals of your shop are so pleasing. I know I would love to go .

Array

thanks ..its a handfull!!
    what are you hearing about pinterest? they say no business...then they have a webinar on using it for business.... ive only been there for a couple of weeks...but wow!!! i think its going to be a nice thing for the store..

Array

Well done on the 2000 likes, Ann!

Array

thANKS SPIDER.... they are loving it...

Array

Congrats Ann! 2000 likes is great!

Pinterest is fun - I'm not seeing how it would work as a business outreach tool yet though. Mostly it's been neat to see what other people I know online and in real life like.
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Array

thanks jenn..... its been great forus...
    what im seeing on pinterest...is , for example, my cabinet pictures, the ones we make are being spread around the web by my followers and each picture has our website on it.... who knows who it will connect with.. i have 75 followers in about 2 weeks, so thats a lot of movement......and i really think its mostly people llike me who love decorating, architectural stuff and good design...some with stores some just doing their own thing at home...
    and posting it on my faceboook is kind of like social and not sell sell sell...since i have a lot of fun and interesting stuff from other places too....also a lot of our fb fans have become followers so i can see what they like too.... and they are actual customers...
    also im big on junk art...and we sell tons of the parts for making it...so that spreads the idea and creates interest in our junky parts.....its so new...i dont know all about it yet... i did see a furniture place with lots of pieces with prices ...and thats against how i read the rulses... so im waiting to hear more about that...
    i love it ...im in the visual world...its so new i havent heard any theories on it yet.... waiting!!!lol.
    do you have a pinterest page? what name? ..if you want to see my boards they are under ann furnivall....
    Last edited by greenoak; 11-16-2011 at 05:27 PM.