Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trick or treat

Default trick or treat

Out of curiosity, did people here get trick or treaters on Halloween.

I haven't had any in years and live in a very safe neighborhood. Not even with parents. Are parents to scared to take their kids out anymore?

Array

We didn't get any, but we're not in a great location for it. Around here, lots of kids go to church functions and other structured events. There is also a fair amount that don't celebrate Halloween due to some apparent connection with the devil (I'm in the Bible belt I guess).
    Steve B

Funny Steve, because I grew up in an extreme religious environment. High School in the 70's and we had daily sermons in a religious high school that all rock and roll was diabolico. I listen to some of the same songs today and they were love songs. At the same time, Halloween was ok.

I've met some people that don't practice Halloween in recent years for religious reasons. Funny that's showing up now but wasn't present to my knowledge growing up. Particularly in the environment I was in. We couldn't even play cards or dance (in that era you didn't touch during dancing). You would be expelled from school for either of those.

I think its more parents getting scared though. To bad, it was a fun thing as a kid.

Array

We had five or six and that was it... we have a lot of kids on our street and this is a very safe neighborhood too, but I do know that a couple of the local churches had big things going on that a bunch of people took their kids to instead.
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I didn't see any, and I thought I would because there are a lot of kids that live around my new place. Of course I got home later, so that might have had something to do with it.

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

Didn't have any come to my house either. What a waste of Halloween candy -- as if I really want to eat all of it.

I guess that's why you buy only the stuff you like :-)
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Array

That's what I did Evan - and I didn't buy a lot of it either... of course my scales tell me to stay far away from the candy but... it tastes so good
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Last years candy is in the garage somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Array

We had 1 - but we just moved into our house. Construction just finished and I think a lot of our new neighbors don't even know we live here yet.

When I was out and about on Halloween night I was driving about 5 MPH through the neighborhood because there were SO many kids out. We'll have dozens next year I'm sure.

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I got smart and didn't buy any extra candy. I have dark chocolate squares that I keep as a treat for myself. I figured if I had kids stop by, they'd get those.

I certainly didn't need any extra candy at my place.