Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many hours a day do you work.

Array

Default How many hours a day do you work.

I love the work I do, my kids are grown up and out for the most part. But I have long days...typically I start my day at 3:15 am and end about 7 pm, yet I don't feel like I got enough done?

So how many hours do you put into your job.

Thanks

Array

I do a normal 8 hour day at my normal job, usually between 6.30pm and 3am. Then i can spend anything up to 4 or 5 hours in the afternoon working on my business. However i often feel just like you that i do not get enough done

Really for the most part i tend to not feel as satisfied as i think i could working this way. I think i would enjoy it more if i could afford to dedicate myself just to my business. I just think at the moment, with the economic realities as they are i am staying in the job, more so for others then myself, because at the end of the day i can afford to work full time on the business, i just do not trust that i would work as hard as i should.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

I pretty much work the same hours as you Bud - with the same feeling of not having enough hours to get what I want done. My three kids are in elementary school, so I do have the ability to do stuff with them during the day on occasion. I don't work on Sundays however - except taking an occasional phone call.
    Steve B

Array

about 5 days 10 to 5 and usually another day .....and thats not counting maybe an hour or 2 of computer time each day.as well....
    also business consulting with dh after hrs...hard to measure...
    ann
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It varies for me, but I'm easily working 10-12 hours a day. I love what I do so much of it doesn't really feel like work, but I still wonder how come I didn't get as much done as I wanted.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I work for a company about 10 hours a day. Then I usually put in another couple hours on my own projects after that. I need to do more work on my own stuff.

I bet I'm 12 hours, 7 days a week. I take a weekend day off here and there, but that's not the norm

Array

Yeah, I'm up that early in the morning and late at night because I also work full time days for a large local Hospital (pretty much for the health insurance)
    Always listen to the experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. Robert Heinlein

Array

Yeah I also work a full time job. I'm up at 530 to go to the gym first then after around 7 I get started on my business stuff. Then work from 145 to 945 and then I put in a couple more hours after work.

I to fall victim to thinking I'm not getting much done. Maybe because I need to write more little goals and wright them off maybe I would feel that I'm getting things done instead of one big goal I have.

Array

I just work my business.

I try to keep it at 8 hours a day, but they are varied hours also. I may start at 10am, work till noon, eat some lunch, work some more, go to the mall, work some more, have dinner w/ my wife, watch a movie, maybe work some more, etc etc. And maybe not. I also really try to never work on weekends / holidays (I'm also pretty liberal w/ vacation time.)

I have definitely reached a point in my life (I'm 42) where time off and a healthy work/life balance is important. I'm not putting in 12 hours a day - it's just not worth it (to me - for others, it's fine.)
    Dan Furman - Copywriter, Business Author, Entrepreneurial/Business Consultant
    Business Writing Services | Website Copywriting Services | Blog here