Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Radio Radio

Array

What worked really well for a few of my clients was pulsing the ads, run for a week or two, off for a week or two...as soon as the ad runs the second swoop through the listener figures it's been on all along, but it saves the advertiser $$ over a straight run.

Array

Great idea Patrysha.

I'll have a lot more data this time next week. The new station has 5 times as many listeners as the first station (but it costs 12 times as much for the same spot). My company is new enough that I know 100% of the time why someone has called me (I ask and they always know exactly how they heard of us).
    Steve B

Array

I didn't get a single job from the one week ad on the new station and haven't gotten any calls from the original station since before Thanksgiving. I started on the original station on Nov. 1 and have been on every day since then.

I did find a station that is willing to play me 2 times a week at the same time every day. This will give me a chance to have a consistent presence in one particular time slot over a long period of time without breaking the bank. They are going to try to get their morning show people to talk about us also - I'll see how much this costs and may try it.
    Steve B

Default Radio Marketing

Though its been quite an old media to use, but it is still effective, repetition is the key to radio marketing. If your recording will be played on-air 1,000 times, this will sure capture audience attention.

Array

My experience is proving the opposite - I only got calls in the beginning. Haven't had a single call in the last 6 weeks despite being on the air and repeating every day.
    Steve B

I believe that you need to broadcast the recording to a new radio station or probably more than one radio station and have it repeated all throughout the day for one week or so, then give it at least a week to produce a result. Like planting a seed, when you place the seed on a good soil it does not take a day to grow, you have to pamper it, be a little patient and I'm sure you will have results.

Array

Congrats on the early success Steve. I wonder how much the drop-off in calls you've seen has been because of the crazy busy holiday season? I think layering your marketing so that people hear your radio ad, see a newspaper ad, see your ad on some online local blogs/area information websites, see an ad on a billboard, etc... Is a good idea and will increase the response rate. Do you have an attractive hand-out piece you could leave with some area groomers, the vet, a pet stores and most importantly with your existing clients? Word-of-mouth is something that will bring more new customers in than anything! Are there any hunt clubs or dog training groups in your area? Get in touch with them see if you can advertise I their next newsletter or member directory...

And, if you ever decide to make monthly deliveries to my neighborhood you'd have one more customer - I'm always forgetting to go to the feed store and pick up our dogs food
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Array

It has now been 8 weeks without a phone call from the station that started out strong. I know they are playing it because I listen to the station.

Starting this week, I'm paying a local DJ from a fairly popular morning show to give an endorsement. Maybe the personal touch will help.
    Steve B

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Hopefully that works. I can't offer any stats to back this up, but those personal endorsements strike me as being more effective. Some of those morning DJs have very loyal listeners.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

how's your radio ad going now?

anything new to report?