Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Radio Radio

Array

congrats on the new customer....its a very good sign

also good job on writing it yourself...you know your product best....i cant knock it

if you get 15 customers in 30 days maybe ill try it

Array

a week later...how many more calls Steve?

Array

Still just the one! I always get my hopes up when I see some early success. It's on for 10 more weeks and it may take some time for it to sink in.

I'm going to advertise in the newspaper of the big church in this area that is likely to have a lot of this station's listeners. Maybe I'll get some synergy from having both targeting the same customers.
    Steve B

Array

i get a few jobs a year from my church .im actually going to double my ad size soon....

sorry to hear youve only got 1 call....hope your out of your slump...my business is going bonkers...i cant keep up...working weekends....last month 55 hours...this month 200+...still no homeowner calls...everything is large remodels/new homes/commercial from builders i work with..

Array

Got the second customer and working on the third. One per week will be a profitable situation. The possible third customer is the sales rep for newspaper of the big church. While I was asking her about their rates, she said she heard about us on the radio and had been meaning to call. This supports my approach of targeting the same group of people. I'm also planning on putting up some yard signs on the exit ramps that they all get stuck on while trying to get to the church on Sunday. It's a huge church and they have to hire police to direct traffic every Sunday.
    Steve B

Array

Good going, Steve. But I am surprised at the choice of name - Kibble Kar(t) ?

Around here and amongst my wife's grooming and boarding customers, anything "Kibble" will be discarded instantly as super low quality. Your ad is selling high quality dog food but your business name suggests otherwise.

(The popular Kibble & Bits is regarded by many as one of the worst dog foods available.)

FWIW

Array

Not sure how universal that perception would be. Around here it just means dry dog/cat food versus canned (wet) dog/cat food.
    Steve B

Array

maybe the timing isnt too good...around here most sales will slump in nov and dec except christmas decorations and gifts....
    the idea of targeting the church people in 2 ways sounds real good...long term ads are the best too...imho
    also, i wouldnt know what a kibble was...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

Just signed up #3 and she said she has a few friends she wants to tell about us.
    Steve B

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Glad to hear the ad is working.

You also may be right on target with the perception thing when it comes to names. Depending on where you are in the world or the U.S. or even a state, the same word can have a different meaning and provoke a different emotional response.