Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopp ecommerce angst..... need help

You have some server or setup issues. Until those are resolved its hard to give advice. I'll defer to Vangogh as he is the Shopp / Wordpress expert here. There may be some size restrictions on your images though. They definately don't need to be square though as I suggested earlier in this thread Rectangular images work as well.

Thank you for looking at the site and offering your insights, Bill. I'll take another look at the image sizes.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

The site isn't loading for me either at the moment. I'll try again in the morning.

Have you put in a ticket with Shopp? I know they sometimes take a couple of days to respond, but they'll have the best answers. They've been good about helping me when I had questions.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Well, it seems I was having two problems.... one with the domain hosting and that got fixed (switching to Linyx), and at the same time I needed to upgrade my browser, and things seem better. But I will need to fix the images a little.

But another question....... the font for the sale items (books) in the Shopp catalog page is a bit large. At first I thought that was from my theme (I created my theme using artisteer), but that font doesn't appear in my theme. Is that something I can change through the Shopp settings or something? I couldn't see where I could make the gray fonts a bit smaller. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Linda

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I can see your site now.

I'm not sure if this will fix it, but it's something you can try. On the Shopp Settings page there's a link at the top for Presentation. One of the options on that page is to Enable Theme Templates. Check the box. It should then use your theme to style the page instead of using the Shopp files. If that doesn't work then it probably means one of the css files (either the theme or Shopp) needs to be edited by hand.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals