Thread: A little late but better than never!

Array

Default A little late but better than never!

Hey Everyone,

I did not introduce myself immediately when I joined the forum. I am not sure why, perhaps I got caught up in reading posts and conversations between members I must have simply forgot to introduce myself. So here it is

I am Jacob Bergeron and I am an Authorized Promotional Products dealer for Kaeser and Blair Inc. My company is called JAB Promotions and is based out of Auburn, Maine where I live.

I am enjoying the promotional products industry as a part time venture, and I have found it to be a wonderful opportunity. I have read the forum for quite a while before I joined simply because at that time I had no business. I have always aspired to be an entrepreneur but have never really taken the plunge until now, and even so its a part time gig. Evenings and weekends are my most productive times.

I am always available for a good conversation and I look forward to not only asking questions but responding to and discussing aspects of small business.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Jacob. I guess getting caught up reading threads here is a good excuse for not saying hello right away.

Sounds like you've been hit with the entrepreneurial bug. It might only be nights and weekends now, but I bet it becomes more of your time before long. It's hard to go back once the bug hits. We'll all be happy to share our experience and offer any thoughts we have.

By the way Maine is a beautiful state. Been awhile since I've been there, but I have some fond memories of family vacations of Maine.

Looking forward to the conversation and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Vangogh,

Yeah I figured I had a pretty solid excuse I guess you could say I have been "bite" by the bug. You certainly pegged me quite well. And yes Maine is a beautiful state, however cold in the winter. But summer and fall is wonderful

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Jacob. The company for which I work deals with promo products, mostly the sublimation supply end of things. It's a fun industry with lots of opportunity.

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Welcome, Jacob. As you know from one of your other threads, I have some experience in promo products. I spent a few years doing several roles for an ASI distributor, even wore the office manager hat for a while, which exposed me to pretty much everything.

I'll second what vangogh said about the entrepreneurial bug, you're infected for life now and will never be satisfied unless you work for yourself.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Kristine and CBS, Its good to hear you guys are familiar with the promo product industry. As I am relatively new it would be great to occasionally pick your brains a little. And yes the bug has certainly bit me, for now its just a hobby so to speak but maybe someday it can be more. whatever it is...

Array

Hello and welcome to the forum, Jacob! I look forward to your posts