Thread: Where to get quality scripts?

Array

Default Where to get quality scripts?

I have what I think is a great idea and just recently attained the perfect domain for a site. This idea is a little over my head design wise so I am thinking I should probably have a script written for it.

So I am looking for suggestions on where the best place to get it done is? I know there are a ton of sites out there like Elance etc. I am just hoping to get some advice on the best sites and what pitfalls I should avoid when hiring someone for something like this.

Any opinions and pointers would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

You can do just about anything in any language, but there are more resources and programmers who know php / mysql. It will be less expensive. Lots of free scripts out there as well. If there is one that is close to what you want to do, a programmer should be able to modify it pretty quickly.

Send Steve or Steve a PM with what you want to do if you don't want to make it public. Without more info its hard to make a recommendation.

One thing, though - write a very good specification for what you want.

Array

Thanks Bill, I don't really mind making it public since there are other sites out there. It is going to be a resource for freelance writers and Webmasters in need of content. Something along the lines of textbroker.com.

If Steve or Steve read this and that is something either of you would do let me know and we can talk further. I don't really like sending unsolicited pm's I get more than enough great advice here without being too much of a pest!

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I guess I qualify as one of the Steve's. I came into the thread with ideas about where you might find scripts, but from the looks of textbroker.com you probably need a custom script. If you want to send me a PM we can talk about it.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals