Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Has Anyone Heard of Kickstarter?

Array

I think it's projects that received funding (ie. hit their target) and those that didn't (missed their target). Kickstarter tries to avoid getting into the "worked vs. failed" product game since those stats are a lot uglier (and have even led to law suits - When Kickstarter Investors Want Their Money Back | Inc.com)
    FundingCommunity.com, the US' first consumer-to-business lending platform, where anyone can lend to support any small business.
    Check out our blog for our latest posts on community lending.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That makes sense. Success and failure of the project have more to do with whether or not if received it's funding target. Plus from KickStarter's perspective avoiding the word failure is better PR.

I had no idea people were getting sued for not delivering a product. I guess you had to know it would happen. I think the guy who sued them though was wrong here. It should be clear you aren't buying a product. It's not that hard to understand what's going on and the guy with the project didn't seem like anyone trying to scam anyone. Just someone who didn't do a good job when it came to getting his business going. Seems spiteful to sue someone over $70.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

I understand how people feel uneasy with Kickstarter, it seems a bit like begging! I've coached several friends through creative campaigns, and they all raised their money. I felt, when I first saw it, that it was too much like begging. I resolved it in my own mind, when a friend said, "So is all fundraising when you think about it." I found that Kickstarter projects are more like selling your product in advance, with their "pre-sales revenue" actually funding the project. No one is coerced to donate, if the project isn't funded, all donations are refunded. Everybody is free to choose, although the process takes at least a month, and often you need the money sooner, like now! So, I use it on projects where I have more time.

Array

I think Kickstarter is a fantastic idea. Somewhere that people who have money to spare and want to fund ideas, concepts and businesses they truly believe in? What could be better than that?