Thread: Beta Testing Your Products?

Default Beta Testing Your Products?

I am almost done with the creation of my first computer educational product. In order to ensure that I have made a useful / high quality product, I need to beta test it. Does anyone know how I can get reliable beta testers that can test and review this product before it goes public?
    Soon to be online business owner

Array

Is it a product that anyone uses to learn about computers, or a product that helps kids with learning about topics for school?
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

What's the market for the product? Like Joel asked. Is this for everyone? Kids? Seniors?

I'd just ask people in whichever market if they'd have a look. If the market is everyone you can ask us or find other sites where your market spends its time. If it's kids you may do best asking people you know who have kids. If seniors you may also do best asking people you know.

You might also create a form on your site and simply ask people if they'd like a free copy for beta testing. Then ask for an email address as a way to start building a list for future products. However if your product is mainly for people who need help with computers any online asking may go unanswered since your market isn't really computer savvy.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Banned
    Array

I love beta tests. i think it's gives you the best idea of what actual users think of your product and how they use it.

we used a new project management tool in my company, and we started in while it was in Beta. Because of that, we were able to make suggestions on how we use the tool, how we would like to see it improved, and the owners made the changes based on our recommendations. now the tool has been officially launched and it's getting pretty good results.

i am willing to test your product, as long as it fits what i need. tell me more about it

Array

yeah I think we need a little more info on what type of program you have made. I think there are a lot of people you can reach by what vangogh said by putting the form on your site to see if people will use it and what they think of it. that way your not forcing it on anyone and still getting what you want out of it. maybe you can offer some sort of incentive like a free copy or discount price on the program for their feedback.

I am will to also look at your program if it fits anything I can use or learn with.