Thread: a new place to get customers

Array

Default a new place to get customers

i just joined a FACEBOOK GROUP related to my business.and have been posting sincerely.... ..and im pretty sure i got 2 calls from prospective buyers...one from chicago and one from colorado.... it feels like some new place to find buyers...now im looking for more related groups to join.... facebook is always a maze to me....i dont know how to search thru the groups yet...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Hi Ann - Thanks. I haven't joined any Facebook groups with the intent of meeting prospects yet. Is your profile public? How much information is available through your profile? I'm asking because I'm curious how the 2 callers got your info. Are you posting links back to your website or do you think they are going to your profile to get info?

Do you ever ask people when they call, how they found you?

Cheers,
    Tia
    Tia Peterson - Nosh Specialty Food Marketing - The Good News of Food!
    Nosh creates unique blogger outreach and online PR programs for new specialty food businesses.

Array

profile , not s ure what you mean....we have been online for years..and get lots of folks from lots of places...we list first or second in antiques indiana.... just google us...greenoak antiques.indiana ...
    we try to ask....its hard to tell... most have seen the website...we have almost 1800 fb fans...thats really spreading the word...our fb has been much better than the blogs....but i love blogging....we are a local business and sell to women so thats kind of perfect for facebook...i love putting lots of pictures on too...
    hope you will lok at our site...just google greenoak antiques...all the links are there....
    have you ventured into facebook at all?...hope you stay on here and give us some new views!!!
    we have a great resturant here in tochester who lists her lunch menu on fb every day...
    do you help users use spices? that would be enice to read...
    im really local and love to hear local plots..
    Last edited by greenoak; 08-24-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Facebook is a great way to find and meet new customers. With that being said I would learn all the basics of Facebook first. The reason I say this is because it changes from time to time. Also not saying what you did was bad but watch what group you join because it might hinder your business. Facebook is a great tool in business. Before looking for other groups I would stay with that one for a little bit before hoping to another one. Make your name is known there, its a work in process. Who knows someone that you have sold to might suggest you to another group. Sorta of like word of mouth on Facebook.

Array

i hear you on facebook changes!!! we just go with the flow...
    the group is so related to us its easy not to openly sell...i just post my web and of course my facebook is right there, kind of, actually its me not the stores page....if they just see our pictures or web they are interested...
    im all for organic growth and will do just about what you suggested....

Array

oops..... i did something wrong...double post