Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Array

ok.like i explained whEn i took them off, i didnt want my links to be in my signature.... i didnt see the homepage option...thanks.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Understandable. Just letting you know those were the links that had been showing. The home page option is at least a way to get one link in.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

I don't know if this has to do with the upgrade or the fact that I just rebuilt my pc, but some threads aren't being marked as read and others are????

Refugee from the .com
    Array

I've been noticing the same thing, bill, so it's not just you.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what you mean. Are they literally showing ???? I'm seeing everything the same as I always have. Mind grabbing a screenshot and letting me know the url it came from.

Bill I think you view the site in FF on Linux. Is that right? Steve I'm guessing your on Windows 7(?) What browser do you typically use?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

The "hard day" post won't show as being read on the "Forum" listing and if I read it when clicking on "new posts" it doesn't drop off the "new posts" list. It's not just that one there have been others.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I clicked into that thread and it showed as read and then I left the new posts page and came back and it was gone. Is it possible the threads are just getting additional posts. A new post in a thread you've already read is going to mean it's a new and unread thread again.

No, that thread had no posts from when I mentioned it here at 12:30 am or again when I looked at 11am or so.

Also, when I click on "new posts" read a post and click back no posts show they have been read. In the past they would show up because it wasn't a refresh but the color changed to the color of a read post.

In fact steve, I just clicked on it again and it takes me to the first post on the page not the last post I read. Usually when you click on a post that has had new activity, it will take you to where you left off. That post has only had 9 posts the last one being 2 pm Wed and it always takes me back to the first post as if I had never read it. Again its not just the post "hard day", that’s just an example of one that is behaving this way.

In other words:

I sign in and click new posts in the upper left part of the screen.

I get a listing of posts I haven't read

I click on the "hard day" post.

scroll to the bottom of the page.

Go back to the top and click on new posts again

hard day is in the list of unread posts and has had no new posts in the thread.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I'm not sure what the problem might be. It's working fine for me. I clicked the "hard day" thread earlier and it hasn't been on the new posts lists since. We probably need more people weighing in to know if it's more of a forum thing or more something that happens specifically for you.

I'm checking logged in now on Safari and not logged in on Firefox. It's working for me in both places.