Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even one-man shops benefit from the one-man taking a vacation

Array

Now you're talking!

Array

i dont care for them, i miss my stuff at home and hate to be in someone elses place......so my goal will be for a week sabbatical at home...sometime in january.
    .if we do go to our usual florida, im hoping to add a lot of buying, maybe renting a pod...and filling it up and having it trucked up to indiana.... dh has agreed to that for me...we are so different...i would like a gypsy trip in a big truck just poking around and exploring all the antique shops and shows........but hes not that way..... ......we stay in a condo on the beach ..which is nice if its warm....
    Last edited by greenoak; 07-16-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

GreenOak.....a week sitting at home = a vacation?????????????....you a cheap date arent you?

i like vacations where your on the go the entire time....seeing and doing new things....i cant stand sitting at home for more than a day

and when you go to Florida your mostly working to fill up a truck with Antiques.......and i thought i was a workaholic.....i try not to think or do work while on vacation...i set aside 1 hour at the end of the day to return all the calls.....sometimes i leave my phone at the hotel so i dont have to hear it ring all day....

Array

i would like to get away day to day.....at the store its a lot of drudgery along with the good parts...i could use a break along about december...
    .. and i would love a month of the gypsy life of roaming around buying and exploring..more like i used to do..... i think i could deal with a vacation like that!!!... i dont get near enough of that now...and i think that infusion of inventory would be good for the store...
    ..i wouldnt be taking many calls....
    p.s. the roaming around part of my job is the fun part...many in their 80s still do it if they are lucky enough to be able to....
    Last edited by greenoak; 07-18-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Great article! I totally agree on taking a vacation. Even though I rarely get time to take one myself. It seems like to much worry while I'm away and too much backed-up work when I get home again. Does anyone else have anything they do besides an actual vacation to help them relax and de-stress?

Array

Yes - Be hugely successful and profitable so that work isn't stressful in the first place. Then every day is a vacation! :-D

Array

thats a nice thought spider....it sounds like an ideal goal.....i could aim for that.. and try harder to delegate the hard or boring parts....

Array

Don't we all fall into that trap, Ann?! "Trying harder" itself sounds like more work!

What if we were to try less? What if we just crossed the hard and boring things off our job description and added them to someone else's job description.

You're the boss! You can do anything!