Thread: Starting My Bar

Default Starting My Bar

Hello, How are you all doing. I am fairly new to this site however It seems resourceful to me already. I am starting a bar later next year i have a few questions:

1. Where , if possible, could i buy liquor in bulk? ( local liquor stores or online if possible?)
    2. I understand that the prince to have a liquor licence in Ga is 21. What is the price and procedure for it
    3. Are there and good recommendable poc programs that are either free or not to pricey?

thank you

You can find liquor distributors online and that will be your best way to get it at reasonable prices. That or you can go to each company to buy directly as well, but that can be a lot of contracts and hassle.

As far as the liquor license you will want to contact someone in your city and state to ensure you will be following all ordinances and laws.
    Tyler Hutchinson
    CEO at Full Circle Business Consulting
    HTTP://www.fullcirclebusinessconsulting.com

What dept would be the be the best to contact for this.

Array

finding suppliers takes time.......it took me 10 months to find the lowest price one for bulk materials (same quality as everyone else)

another supplier actually mistakenly mentioned their name to me as someone they wont compete against...BAM i found 20-40 percent materials savings

they werent listed in the phone book or a website.....but its who everyone used...i just didnt know about them......i found them right at a time where i was raising my labor prices, so it helped offset the labor costs.....

when you get big enough the suppliers will find you...let them compete....i used one supplier against the next and got an extra 2-3 percent off plumbing fixtures...it ends up being $2,000-$3,000 extra in my pocket a year (nice vacation $)....this happened 2-3 years into business and without much effort

ive recently started buying materials in bulk (built a barn for storage)....i cannot get better prices when buying materials by the case......not yet anyways....when i start buying pallets full i will demand it.....

the materials i choose defines my business....with the bulk plumbing fittings they are pretty much all the same (a PVC 45 is a PVC 45)...but when it comes to valves, etc i typically choose a more expensive part than my competition....and i let my customers know it....if it says MADE IN USA on it i always show the customer......choosing the materials you sell can be a very important part of your business....think about how that would relate to liquor ....if you have higher quality you need to advertise it
    Last edited by huggytree; 07-10-2011 at 09:14 AM.

As far as liquor and beer, there usually is only one distributor of each brand in your area. You should be able to find that information on the beer and liquor web sites. But like the previous poster mentioned, when it comes to other products and things you need for your bar, there are probably many distributors but many businesses try to keep their connections secret because of competition.
    Tomas - What are some payroll solutions for small businesses?