Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for shopping cart suggestions

Have you checked out zencart?
    My tradeshowbox site in my sig is built off this platform.
    I use paypal, but one can use ssl and a merchant account as well if they prefer.
    Zen Cart ecommerce
    Help Forum

Array

Does your shopping cart offer PCI compliance? Be sure, otherwise you will end up paying a hefty fine. read here.

Generally, it is recommended to go with a reputed e-commerce provider who provides you the back-end. So that you can concentrate on the sales, rather than worry about the technology and hardware to run your shop.

I thought I'd repost the OP's question as I haven't seen many replies that actually address his question.

My website now has a cart that is a PHP cart. It is simple to use but requires a lot of manual work on my part.

As we are experiencing higher sales now, I would like a cart that is integrated into some type of software that can track and keep totals separately for sales, shipping, sales tax, etc.

Automated credit card processing would be nice... we use paypal virtual terminal for the processing but have to hand enter everything now.

Maybe even one that has additional features for customer follow up and order processing features like shipping labels and notices that automatically go out that an order has shipped.

Any suggestions from experienced users of such shopping carts?

Check out Volusion and BigCommerce. I used to use Volusion in a past life and now use BigCommerce. I also use Miva Merchant and can't stand it. I'll take BG over Miva any day. Keep in mind that whenever I recommend these companies I get jumped on by web designers because they are hosted solutions and claims of limited customization. There isn't anything that I haven't been able to do that I needed. I think they're at least worth a look if you're looking for a new cart.

Also, you are violating law by simply gathering credit card info and manually entering it. You should fix that ASAP.

Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by AaronConway View Post
    Also, you are violating law by simply gathering credit card info and manually entering it. You should fix that ASAP.

Aaron
    Virtual Terminals are provided for the purpose of hand entering credit card information. Most credit card processors provide that and it is NOT illegal! There is no reason he should change this other than convenience.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Reflo Ltd View Post
    My website now has a cart that is a PHP cart. It is simple to use but requires a lot of manual work on my part.

As we are experiencing higher sales now, I would like a cart that is integrated into some type of software that can track and keep totals separately for sales, shipping, sales tax, etc.

Automated credit card processing would be nice... we use paypal virtual terminal for the processing but have to hand enter everything now.

Maybe even one that has additional features for customer follow up and order processing features like shipping labels and notices that automatically go out that an order has shipped.

Any suggestions from experienced users of such shopping carts?
    A quick search turns up 3dcart.com which seems to address most of your requests, but it's a hosted service.

If you want to host the site yourself, you can check out X-Cart.com.

I'm not sure what your intentions are with the request of "track and keep totals separately for sales, shipping, sales tax, etc" so I didn't address this option in particular...one you expand on this then we can see if these or other products fit your needs.

Sorry I've been neglecting this thread, I've just been swamped.

Thanks you to everyone for all the advice. I will be checking some of the suggestions out.
    Pete - Reflo Ltd - A smart alternative to sippy cups
    www.reflo.net