Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: proper html design today?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

That's not true at all. Best practices are the difference between building something and building something good. Sticking with the carpentry analogy best practice says if you want to drive a nail you pick up a hammer. You can also drive a nail with a screwdriver, a wrench, a rock, or anything heavy enough. The best practice of using a hammer isn't to scare off wannabe carpenters. It's guidance for how to do the job the best way possible.

If you follow best practices you're generally going to end up with a better result than if you don't follow them. If you don't follow them you can still end up with a workable result, but it's less likely to work well or last over time.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

Hmm. I guess you are in a serious mood this bright sunny Sunday morning, while I'm in a more whimsical mood.

Got it. Best practices = better websites. And better cabinets!

:-)

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I had a feeling you might be joking. It's Sunday morning though and my funny bone is on the fritz. And unfortunately my funny bone repairman didn't follow best practices the last time he was here.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals