Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PC repair print ad

Default PC repair print ad

Last edited by Russ in Vancouver; 05-15-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: added V2

Array

You really are sending two messages with that add...well three really...repair, set up and ink...

Sticking with just one message will likely be more effective.

I'd start with "Need A Rescue from the Blue Screen of Death?" (or something that speaks to the target market...not your name right up on top...a hook that gives them a reason to care about your name and contact info...)

Total PC Repair Service
    For Blue Screen Rescues and other common PC issues
    like slow running computers, viruses & malware

Hi Patrysha,

Thanks for your reply, that makes great sense, get the hook into them 1st.
    My client was originally going to go with a 4x6 ad space for 3 related services he offers, but at the last minute he reduced the size (50% price difference) and wanted all the info crammed into the smaller space, thank god I convinced him to drop one of the services.

I was going to put blue screen of death (aka BSOD) but I was thinking not many people may know what that means??? Do you think it is a common term?

Getting rid of the network setup would allow for more text in the repair category. hmmm

I think I will use your suggestions if that is cool with you and send him another option to choose from.

THANKS!!

Array

Yeah, it sucks when the client doesn't get it...anything more than one thought gets lost in the sea of advertising...one way I like to explain it with my as old or older than me clients is the sesame street segment from years ago "a loaf of bread, a quart of milk and a stick of butter..." it takes work to remember more than one thing...

Blue Screen of Death seems common enough terminology around this house and neighbourhood...not sure what it's like in the less geeky spaces though...

Array

I liked all the changes in the second ad, but, you left off the "of death". I've never heard it refered to as the "blue screen", but always hear it called the 'blue screen of death".
    Steve B

Array

Yeah I'd add the "Of death" and I'd move the headline above the logo...the logo is never the important part to the reader just to the client...

Array

Another good catch. Having the name of the company as the most prominent thing in an ad seems to be done more out of tradition than anything else. It's really what the advertisor can DO for you that is important.
    Steve B

I agree with the above comments. Also that ad is really cluttered and kind of all over the place. I might just say:

Is Your Computer Slow? (alternate: Having Computer Problems?)

We'll Get it running like new again in no time.

Give us a Call at xxx.xxx.xxxx or visit bestpcrepair.com to Set Up a Free Diagnosis.

I would take out the ink and toner thing and the website associated with the toner.

I would create separate ads for the other services.

Just my two cents.

I agree with all posts above. I think it looks great otherwise.
    Tyler Hutchinson
    CEO at Full Circle Business Consulting
    HTTP://www.fullcirclebusinessconsulting.com

Array

I would agree with bizmultipliers post.

Being in the computer repair service myself, the original ad is not something I would approve of.
    Last edited by MyITGuy; 06-21-2011 at 10:16 PM.