Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from RP Innovations, LLC!

Array

If I was a snowflake, that logo would scare me to death. I love it!

You have a great idea with the Plowbot. Unfortunately, I'll likely never see it in action down here in Arkansas.

Welcome!
    Aaron Baker
    Owner/Graphic Designer
    501 Graphic Design

Array

Sounds like a great product - my husband loves robotics too, but right now he just plays with industrial chemicals - I think I'll stick to graphic design, however... I've always loved remote control cars so this could be a fun new toy for me, especially if I could get it to set up a hot chocolate stand at the end of the drive for everyone who is out there shoveling... or maybe just a Plowbot gathering to celebrate a job well done all up and down the street... we'd let the guys like Steve come too

Ok... it's late, I'd better shut-up!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Refugee from the .com
    Array

LOL, Jenn.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Cool, though I want it to have a head, arms, and legs sticking out to freak out the neighbors. Do you have pictures of the remote you would use to operate it? I'm curious what kind of controls it will have and what they will be.

Thanks for the update. I really think you have a winning product here. It's hard to imagine people living in snowy areas not wanting one, assuming the price is reasonable. You will make enemies of the neighborhood kids who go around shoveling. I used to be able to make a few months worth of spending money as a teen going door to door after a snowstorm.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Vangogh, just set a blowup doll on top like the autopilot in the movie Airplane.

Also, it looks like we both got introduced to self employment the same way. I shoveled a lot of snow as a kid (mostly pre-teen though so it wasn't as profitable).
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Whenever it snowed my brother, a friend of ours, and myself would start at my house and we'd work our way to my grandmother's house who lived maybe a half mile away. We'd knock on most every door who's walk wasn't shoveled. We'd always charge a price divisible by 3. By the time we'd make it to grandma's it was lunchtime and we were tired. Grandma would make us all lunch and then we'd shovel her walk and driveway.

And of course there were many obligatory snowball fights along the way. A few good snows and we could make enough money to last a few months. I must have been about 15 or 16 at the time.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

What? No iPhone app? I want to control the plowbot from my phone.

That doesn't look too difficult to operate. How big is the remote compared to a human hand? I'm guessing it's a 2 hand device. I can see where down the line a smaller remote would be a good thing, though I hardly think it's necessary especially at first.

How many are you looking to produce in this first run? Are you trying to have the first run ready for next winter so the plowbot can start working it's way into the market?