Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Is Your Business Your Main Source Of Income?

Array

Ann, i think that the emyth can be seen in a number of different ways. Which in many cases is generally going to be based on how you perceive it.

I think that the emyth can be taken many different ways and also can be made useful to different degree's. The biggest thing that i took from the emyth i believe is moving the tasks that you are not so excited about doing and having someone else do them. I think it is more about freeing your time, from the mundane that doesn't generate as much of an income, as anything else.

To some degree i think it is slightly off base, as it has a hard line going towards taking you out of the business, where i think it could be applied both ways where the emyth can help you work yourself out of the business, but also work the administrative side out of your day to day things, to allow yourself more time in the business. Depending on your preference and desired focus.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

thats how i feel too joel.and i hope those emyth ideas will remind me and push me to work on some really hard stuff i should be working on......
    but im definitely in here for all the good parts...i love and enjoy the basic stuff of our business...
    i hope everybody can find that, it really keeps you going...
    Last edited by greenoak; 10-17-2008 at 09:50 AM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

I think that is the biggest point that the emyth missed Ann, is that not everyone is trying to get from bottom to top (or technician to manager). Some people just want to have the business run with them doing the things that love, and the rest moved off to other people.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Array

right ....thats what i want...and to make a great living too...and not be bound by a bunch of layers i dont want....i wouldnt see any upper income limit....but tons of money isnt the prime motivator for me...being my own boss is lots more important....and delegating away al the ikky jobs...
    to me i am at the top,,, and, duh!!, my thing could be as big as i can come up with,
    its so good to be on here and get ideas and help for the new ideas i need to get going to survive in this economy.........
    ann
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

I could if we didn't need health insurance. We're not getting rich, but we're in our comfort zone.
    Always listen to the experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it. Robert Heinlein