Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many pages need seo

Yea, I would make sure that every page has its own SEO work. The more pages that you have out there working for you the better. Many times it is not only the main page that you want to work with, but also the deeper pages. Work on building links to those deeper pages as well with keywords that are easy to rank for. You may not get a ton of traffic but you will get some. Any visitor to your site is a good thing, especially if you are selling something. The key is to get them there and let your content do the rest.

Banned
    Array

This is completely depend you that how you decide that which pages are important for you. If you are getting good traffic through Home page ans services pages then it is fine and if you realize that you need more traffic and you have great resource on your website then you can go for more page. Optimizing pages like About US, Our Team and other can't generate the business for you.

Yep if you use wordpress use the 'All in one SEO' plugin this allows you to SEO every page/post. Every page and post should have its own keywords and be SEO'd as such. Do not over stuff your keywords in the text and always use them in the title. if you leave a comment on someone else's blog use an anchor text link in your reply and then you can use the specific URL for specific pages on your site to get good anchor links this way. Make sure you do your keyword research first to get the good keywords to start with. Always remember to leave your readers with a call to action at the end of your post too.

I always tell my clients that every page is a potential landing page so make sure your SEO work is done with consistency on each and every web page.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

True. You never know what page someone will enter your site through. You don't necessarily need to design every page to look like a home page, but most every page should do a few basic things like let visitors know where they are and what they can do on the site.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

The first thing I saw on your page was that the "Free Consultation" is an image an the title on not free consultation. That is a thing I would fix. And I guess there is more little errors as this one.

Array

I don't what you mean about the free consultation. When you click on it, it goes to my contact page, what's wrong with that? What other little errors are there? Please expand on your statement.

A lot has been said here already. Basically every page needs to be SEO optimized. On my site I have every page with SEO and every page is gauged towards another key term. So my home page is " affordable small business consulting services". Each page for what I do I have it geared towards what the page is about in my SEO. So for my management training I have it optimized for "affordable small business management team building skills". and so on...

the purpose of this is to try and assume what someone may search for on google. If you gear it towards one term only you will only get that one term. If someone types a search in google that is slightly different, they won't find you. Its good to be optimized for at least 15-30 seo key terms depending on how large your site is and how many pages you have. I have around 20 myself.

Good luck.
    Tyler Hutchinson
    CEO at Full Circle Business Consulting
    HTTP://www.fullcirclebusinessconsulting.com

Array

I still don't understand what Facility was talking about when he referred to the Free Consultation button being an image. What is wrong with that? Sould I add free consultation to my keywords in my seo?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I think he just meant it should be text instead of an image since search engines can't read the text in the image. Assuming you wanted the page to rank for the phrase "free consultation" then having those words be real text might help the page rank for the phrase.

I think how you have it now as a button is fine. If you are targeting that phrase on the page you could add it as an alt attribute on the image. It looks like the word consultant is currently used in the title attribute on the image. Image tags don't get title attributes. I'd probably remove that and change it to alt="free consultation" It's a reasonable description of what the image is.

It's not a big deal though to leave the button as an image and not add the alt attribute.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals