Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first paid ad

Quote Originally Posted by jamesray50 View Post
    I love it. If I had small children I would buy the cups. Have you seen the bowls that don't tip over? I don't know what they are called but I saw a commercial once for them and thought that was a pretty nice idea too. I wish I had the imagination to think up things like this.
    You're the second person that brought that product to my attention. I caught the commercial on TLC a week or two ago and recorded it. Cool idea.
    Pete - Reflo Ltd - A smart alternative to sippy cups
    www.reflo.net

Array

How is the ad working Pete? Do you have any idea of the kind of traffic it has generated for you yet?
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    How is the ad working Pete? Do you have any idea of the kind of traffic it has generated for you yet?
    The publication will go out March 15... I will let you know.

By the way I was contacted by a VERY LARGE retailer recently. It turns out his wife got one of our cups in a raffle that we contributed products to (a mom/church group) and their 10 month old used it with great success right away. He was so impressed he contacted me about adding the product to their shelves. I don't want to say too much yet in the public forum but I am very thrilled at the opportunity to present this to them. I meet with them next week.
    www.reflo.net

Array

It sounds like 2011 is getting off to the right start for you!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    It sounds like 2011 is getting off to the right start for you!
    I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch but so far so good.
    www.reflo.net

Pete,

I like the ad for its simplicity, though I'm concerned that visually it doesn't communicate HOW the cups are different than sippy cups. I can kind of see how it's different in the product shot, but a photo demonstrating its use might be more effective. The use of colors is strong, but the text could be stronger.

Congratulations on what looks like a great product, though. And best of luck with your marketing efforts. You're off to a strong start.

Bryan
    --
    squiremarketing.com
    Your marketing wingman

Array

thats great pete!!! a little lady luck and serendipity is always welcome....hope it works out ...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Quote Originally Posted by Reflo Ltd View Post
    The publication will go out March 15... I will let you know.

By the way I was contacted by a VERY LARGE retailer recently. It turns out his wife got one of our cups in a raffle that we contributed products to (a mom/church group) and their 10 month old used it with great success right away. He was so impressed he contacted me about adding the product to their shelves. I don't want to say too much yet in the public forum but I am very thrilled at the opportunity to present this to them. I meet with them next week.
    Hi Pete, I too was wondering how your ad campaign went. I've got an 18 month son, and this cup is right up our alley.
    We hope it turned out well and that you got the deal with that retailer as well.

Hi Russell... I have stopped all ads on Both Google and Facebook. They are costing way more than they produce in sales. My fear is that the clicks I am getting and paying for, of course, are not being generated by actual people. I have read about "ad bots" that scour ads like these for whatever reason.

So, maybe I am getting false clicks or maybe not, no idea how to tell... but the end result is simply that I am paying way more than I am making on the ads.
    www.reflo.net

I like it too. I love this product. I've showed it to several mothers and they love it too!