Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overstocked supply of smiles must see

Red face Overstocked supply of smiles must see

Okay I know it's kind of a bad tittle but I didn't know what to say.

Any ways I am wanting to start my own company because I really don't know how the job market is going to be and I want to be able to have something stable.

Just looking for good ideas and advice on whats working and sustainable.

Cant wait to pick your brains and get some good advice.

thanks

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum the Kitty. Yeah probably not the greatest title as most people reading it are going to assume you're spamming the place. Let me know if you'd like me to change the title. A simple hello usually works well.

I hear you about the job market. I think it will come back, but I also think starting your own business is a great thing for a number of reasons. We're happy to let you pick our brains so ask any questions you have and we'll try to answer.

Thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Sure if you think changing the tittle will help go for it

thanks

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I don't mind leaving it as is. If not many people are welcoming you by later today I'll change it so more people can welcome you. I personally found the title funny, though admittedly my first thought seeing it was spam. As long as people click in and say hi we can leave it. If I think it's keeping people from welcoming you I'll change it as the whole point of the thread is to be able to welcome you to the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me

Array

Welcome aboard, Kitty. Now the thing to do is add a picture for your avatar with a great big smile!

I would recommend not choosing a business based on what is working and what is sustainable. You have to enjoy what you are doing for your business and far better yet is to have a passion for it. Then turn that passion into something people will buy. So, you start with looking inward for the answer - what do you enjoy doing? What would you love to do all day every day?

The stock question is - what would do if money was no object?

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Welcome, kitty. Good thing you found a place where picking brains won't leave you feeling starved. This place tends to attract smart people who realize they don't know everything and are looking to learn and improve. The people who think they know everything but don't seldom stay very long.

With all those smiles you have, just follow vangogh out to the lobby and you can greet the regulars as they come in and point them to the fresh coffee and pastries. Kristine is making you a name tag so you can get to know everyone. Word has it that on Mondays, the new people are supposed to bring baked goods.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Just wanted to add that I agree with Frederick about choosing a business based on what you enjoy as opposed to seeking something that works and is sustainable. In most industries you can find business models that work and will work for a long time. However if you don't enjoy what you're doing you're much more likely not to stick with the business long enough so it becomes sustainable.

You're going to spend the majority of your time working in and on your business. That's much easier when you enjoy what you do.

Array

Welcome Kitty! Always glad to see a smiling face
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Array

Welcome kitty. Leave the title
    Foreclosure Defense - Find information on how to stop foreclosure and defend against debt collection

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Kitty. Definitely choose something that you enjoy doing. It doesn't have to make you giddy with job every day, but it has to be something that brings more joy than stress into your life. Having your own business can mean that you tend to work a lot, so you should be doing something that you enjoy doing.