Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iTunes-new pc

I completely forgot about that cable until I sat down to set up the new laptop. I may still go get one.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I used to have something similar when I was moving between two Windows computers. Once I set up a network and added a backup drive it became less necessary to have the cable. Now everything on this computer is backed up a few times a day via Time Machine. When I purchase a new computer I'll connect it to Time Machine as well and grab what I want.

Of course I won't move everything. I never do when moving to a new computer. A new computer gives me a fresh start on how I want to organize files and provides an opportunity to look over what I've saved and how much of it I really need to keep, at least on the new computer.

One of the things I think is going to be great about Apple's new Mac store is any software I get through it can easily be transferred to different computers. I'll be able to connect to my account from the new computer and with a button click or two any and all software I've purchased of freely downloaded will be installed on the new computer.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals