Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Make Sure Your Blog Gets Read

Array

I think the point Vangogh makes is a very valid point. Which i have read many times, a referral from another popular blog. This does not mean that you will get a huge on going audience, however many people i have read mention getting a large increase in traffic for a day or two after a fellow blogger posted about them, and while the traffic did not stay as high as it peaked, it did stay up somewhat on what it had been before.

I think this is the key though, you shouldnt be looking or even expecting a single event will drive your traffic to new heights and keep it there. You need to be looking at one step at a time. You have another blogger post about your blog, and you get an extra 5000 visitors in 2 days but rather then dropping back to the previous average, your traffic falls back to about 200 visitors more on average. Then the same next month and so on where you get a large influx for a day or two, then month by month you slowly increase by a couple of hundred visitors.

Where some of the more successful blogs differ i would imagine is they probably started just as you are however they managed to catch the interest of one or maybe many other blogs often.
    Joel Brown
    My Travels

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Along the lines of the referral for a popular blog is writing a guest post for that blog. What I've seen happen a few times is a blogger will write a series of guest posts on several popular and semi-popular blogs on related topics over the course of a few weeks.

It stands to reason the readers of those blogs read some of the others and it's hard to miss the guest blogger. After seeing a few posts you inevitably click back to the guest blogger's own blog and assuming the quality of the posts has been good it's a no brainer to subscribe.

Another thing I've noticed is once you reach a certain tipping point in subscriber count your rate of new subscribers increase. If you have 10 subscribers it could be weeks or months before you get number 11. If you have 5,000 subscribers it might only be hours before number 5,001 comes along. More people reading means more people talking about you, which leads to more new people visiting and subscribing.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals