Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why you should never search for free Wordpress themes in Google or anywhere else.

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vangogh View Post
    For myself and Harold it would only take a minute or two to fix, but there's no reason for the average WordPress user to know how.
    They have been really getting creative lately. I've seen some that look like they spent more on the encryption and where to hide it, than they did on the actual design of the theme. These days I don't even mess around with them anymore. When I run across a client or someone that needs help that has a theme with garbage in it, I just tell them to get rid of it. Especially themes that over use files...the ones that have 6 folders and 75 files, that could have done the same thing with half that.

It's like finding one ant or one roach. You have to assume that there are more somewhere.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

They are getting more creative aren't they? Can't think of the last time I used a free theme anyway. I'd sooner just develop one myself. I actually find it easier and quicker to develop my own design or a design someone else gives to me than to tweak free themes. Even without the encryption, the code is often so awful it takes forever to figure out how to change something.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals