Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Angies List...anyone pay to advertise on it here?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
    ....1 bad customer and it will kill you on Angies list....once that review is given there's no way to remove it...no matter how unjustified it is...in my case they didnt even give a reason why i was bad....
    Maybe you blew them off and didn't call back

Alright, if Angie's List had a community classifieds system where all their business users could post about their current coupon or sale, do you think usage would increase?

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CiteAds.com View Post
    Alright, if Angie's List had a community classifieds system where all their business users could post about their current coupon or sale, do you think usage would increase?
    Nope. Not at all.
    Last edited by Harold Mansfield; 03-23-2013 at 06:36 PM.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Mansfield View Post
    Maybe you blew them off and didn't call back
    ha....nope....it was through a prime contractor......i only met the homeowners for 5 minutes....job went perfect, prime contractor is still someone i work for...they never got any bad review of me.....the homeowner decided to wait 1 year after the job and then give me a bad review.

they are foreign and seemed confused....not very good with the language....i think they confused me with someone else......

once a neg review is there there's no way to get rid of it....even if it may not even be YOU they are reviewing.....

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

You can respond to a review, but be careful not to get into a back and forth. That would be worse.
    They answer "how to" here:
    how do I remove my review? (General Questions)

Mistaken identity is definitely possible. I have a good review from someone who I never serviced. Judging by the review I think they have me confused with their local ISP.
    I reported it as not me, but it's still up.

Array

yes i responded

my response was something like 'its hard to respond when the customer doesnt explain what the issue was. the job turned out beautiful and i still work with the builder. at no time did the homeowner ever expess an issue during the project. i only was in the room with the homeowner for 5 mins or less during the whole project. I think there is some kind of confusion here'

they never responded

i tried to get angies list to work as a go between to get it erased.....nothing ever came from it...i believe they e-mailed them and got no response back

the only thing i ever thought of was i mentioned to them to avoid certain faucets because the wife had severe artheritis.....i was doing my job and pointing out things that WILL be important to them.....to make sure she got a faucet that she would be able to work...her hands were all squished up in a ball.....i think this could have offended her and they took it the wrong way since they were from a foreign country.........i see things like that as my job..noticing details that customers dont think about....

in the end im stuck with a bad review forever

ive had the same issue with the BBB....except after 2 years it gets erased

you deal with 1,000 people a year your going to run into some customers who are never happy with anyone and are predators

i get at least 1 nightmare customer a year......i typically give in at least partially to avoid bad reviews somewhere......i think this type of customers knows this ahead of time and does it to everyone as a way of life.....we all know the type......the one that gave me the bad BBB rating had very old galvanized pipes...i replaced a section and a few days later her faucet plugged up with rust (from inside the pipes)....i explained to her it is a pre-existing condition and i did not put rust inside her pipes .i offered to come and clean it out for her w/o any minimum's or trip charges(it would have been $25-35).....she not only wanted me to do it for free, she wanted me to repipe her whole house for free....saying i caused the rust inside her pipes(60 year old house)....also said 'her neighbor said i over charged her'.....and i shouldnt have charged her to carry my tools into and out of her house.......with a customer like this how can you find middle ground????

i tried to get the BBB to throw it out.....i figured it was obvious that this was not a normal expectation from a customer...to expect a $2,500 repipe job from a $250 minor job.....they refused to throw it out....

anyone can complain about you.....i suspect they dont even have to be a customer...just someone who claims they are a customer....the BBB and Angies list doesnt care or have a plan for how to handle unfair complaints
    Last edited by huggytree; 03-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Array

That sucks about the BBB review HT. And, with the BBB you are PAYING them to be listed with them!
    Steve B

Array

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    That sucks about the BBB review HT. And, with the BBB you are PAYING them to be listed with them!
    what really sucked is that it happened the exact week i sent a check to the BBB to join......its been a few years now and its gone off my record

being a BBB member means something to some customers, so i pay them their $400 a year so i can put BBB on my cards....i actually got 1 job once from the BBB website