Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Alco-Checkpoint Breathalyzer Vending Machines

Array

Default Hello from Alco-Checkpoint Breathalyzer Vending Machines

Hello,

My name is Jonathan Ohana and I am new to the small business forum. Seems to be a great forum thus far. My company is named Alco-Checkpoint and we have manufactured and distributed Breathalyzer Vending Machines out of San Diego, California since early 2007. It is great to hear about the idea's that everybody has and the brainstorming/info sharing is such a great part of the internet!

Please also feel free to reply/post with your opinion as I look forward to chatting it up!

<please set up a signature>
    Last edited by vangogh; 12-23-2010 at 12:38 PM. Reason: removed self promotional language

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Jonathan. Glad to have you here and thanks for joining the community.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Refugee from the .com
    Array

Welcome. I'm a little confused though. Is this breathalyser some kind of vending machine that will tell you if you're drunk or not. I've never seen anything like that or heard of this before. My first thought was picturing a vending machine in the police station where officers can purchase breathalysers. My other visual is a drunk walking up to the machine and sirens go off. OK, I'm done having fun at your expense now. It is an interesting business model. Perhaps you can tell us more. And maybe, you'll eventually get used to my sense of humor.
    Steve Chittenden

Web design, graphic design, professional writing, and marketing.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Array

Welcome aboard, Jonathon. You obviously have something of value there - 3 years and still going - growing, too, I hope. Are you exoanding? How are you doing that? Always interested in other peoples' success stories.

Hello! I am new too. Your business sounds like a great money maker!

Array

Hi Jonathan, welcome. Yeah, what is a breathalize vending machine? Sounds intriguing.

Array

Thank you all for the welcomes and questions! A little bit more about Alco-Checkpoint:

We manufacture and distribute a breathalyzer vending machine to individuals looking to start vending routes, bar/restaurant/club owners, or current vendors. Our clients usually purchase several units and place them at their local alcohol serving businesses to promote the message, "Don't drink and drive", to make money from each use of the machine and for the customers of the business to check themselves in a fun way!
    Last edited by vangogh; 12-27-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: removing self promotion

Hi, Mike here. Brandnew, been reading some different posts around the internet interested in the breathalyzer biz. Question for Jon... What is the difference between your machine & alco buddies?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Mike.

I'm not sure if Jon is going to see your question. He hasn't been back since shortly after starting this thread a few months ago. You might want to do a search to find his site and ask him directly.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Thanks for the heads up. Spent most of the week trying to research them and discovered that they are most likely the same thing. Found the boozelator website and ordered a sample today. They appear to be pretty good quality and have the most options. Thanks again for your fast response!