Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marketing Sales Commission Rate Help

Array

Looks decent - it will be interesting to hear their response!
    ~Jenn
    Crazy Dog Creative: Graphic Design and Marketing

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

It's interesting you came up with numbers similar to what you were thinking. Either you have good instincts or perhaps you skewed the math a bit so it worked out to where you wanted. Regardless the numbers do sound reasonable. They have to me since you first mentioned them.

I'll be interested as well in how this all works out for you and hope you'll share the story.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Ha, no, I am not so pretentious and full of an inferiority complex I need to fudge things to make myself look better or anything like that... I just thought of everything I could to sway the number as much as I could, and at that point, I could not think of anything else that I could profit off of without seeming like I am being too arrogant or greedy. Believe me I would add more if I think I could and it be validated.

They are looking it over and probably wont have anything until January they said. Obviously they dont know as well or else they should have just come back the next day and said sure, its fine, or whatever other proposal/counteroffer... I just hope they dont decide to cut my share by like a half after I do all the work to set up the ecommerce site... I would be pretty upset then... but he seemed to emphasize he wants me to make money and be happy so... we'll see what his words are really worth when the crap really hits the fan.

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Funny. I didn't mean it that way. More that we all subconsciously do things like that. I actually figured this was more your instincts being pretty good and while you hadn't really run these numbers like you just did, you kind of had been running them for awhile now.

So how patient are you? Will January get here soon enough for you?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Well I am very analytical and I am a big numbers guy (as u could prob tell already) so it prob wasnt too random, but it was a pleasant surprise because I am not the most experienced by the book business person... I always did my own thing and tried to do the right thing.

Ah its ok, I am going away for 2 weeks far far away, LOL, wont be thinking much about this at all... thats the only reason they will take that long I presume.