Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LLC Member resigning

Mr. Tax Man
    Array

It will take several weeks before they even process it. You'll probably get it after the new year.

Faxes often take over a week for them to process. Every department within the IRS is different though for processing time. But they're in no rush, and I wouldn't worry about it in the mean time.
    Small Business CPA
    "A tax loophole is something that benefits the other guy. If it benefits you, it's tax reform."

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    It will take several weeks before they even process it. You'll probably get it after the new year.

Faxes often take over a week for them to process. Every department within the IRS is different though for processing time. But they're in no rush, and I wouldn't worry about it in the mean time.
    How long should I wait? I just called the IRS and they have no record of it, told me to send another fax to the entity department and that could take another 30 days. I wouldn't care but this is effecting my business now. I cant open a new bank account, so I am still using the old one tied to the old EIN. No other choice. A lot of my vendors require a current EIN number to do business with them, so I cant take advantage of those opportunities.

Taxes I could give two craps about right now. Should I still be patient? Thinking I should have just killed the business and started completely over. At least then I could have a working active EIN number.