Thread: Advertising For Holidays

Default Advertising For Holidays

I was just wondering if anyone was going to run any holiday advertising for their business. Or if you have in the past and it's worth it. I know that it's always a good way to turn advertising into a more welcomed, pressure-less arena for the consumers!

P.S. Has everyone seen how Target "accidentally" "leaked" their black friday specials?

Array

Their leaks haven't impressed their primary target market much judging from reactions on the mom bargain hunter type posts I've seen on my random parenting forums.

I personally don't run any holiday specials...instead usually running out the work with my current client work (they do have a lot of Christmas specials) and going hard the week between Christmas and New Year so all my marketing is in place for the New Year's resolution crowd...which can be coasted on till Spring when everyone wants to nail down their Mother's Day & Easter stuff...I only have a few customers that Valentine's Day really applies to, so that's usually just a quick blip of a week of work in late January to prep for that. But not anything really Christmas oriented to attract my own clients...just not the right time of year to be thinking of it I've found...

Array

we do totally....our biggest is just over... but we are a store....we use all our venues and hope it makes some sense...
    right now my biggest advertizing question is what to do for WINTER WONDERLAND part 2..... ???
    part 1, our big christmas event, is over thank heavens...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I don't run holiday specific advertising, though my business really isn't holiday specific in any way. I think it depends a lot on what you're selling. Is there a possibility that you could generate a greater profit from sales through holiday specific advertising? Are you looking to clear out stock and see a sale or sales as a way to do that?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

was that to me? yes we are totally holiday specific,christmas...... much of the buying is aimed at this 4th quarter..... and the advertizing is also all about christmas..now mostly about decorations , later more about gifts...there are all kinds of theories about running sales....we try not to very often...you dont want customers waiting for the sale.... but the whole big box retail world will be on sale real soon... so its real complicated....

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

Ann my question was more a general one. I didn't mean it to be specifically asking you. It was more raising questions about why one would advertise more during the holidays and run a sale. With your business it makes sense that the 4th quarter would be an important one. It's natural for you to do more advertising now.

Out of curiosity when did you begin advertising for the holidays?
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Array

the big kick off was for our openhouse nov ...5...
    i think christmas events and spending by families is so huge that it would tamp down spending with lots of other businesses....like real estate...you just wouldnt want to sell a house right before christmas..or sign up for elective surgery,or have elective house projects.......

With my type of business, I almost have to run Holiday specials. But since I sell to businesses, I have to do all the promotions WAY before the actual Holiday is close. It gives my customers the opportunity to get their sales and promotions set up in time.