Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which banner is better?

Post Impressionist
    Array

Blog Entries

I like the last version as well, the one with the red background and I too like Patrysha's copy. I agree with Frederick about the text being hard to read, though I'm wondering if most of that comes from shrinking down the image. Turning off the italics would help. Also I'm not crazy about the gradient background. It doesn't add anything. I think a solid block of color would work better.

I'm also wondering about the call to action being to call you. Odds are the moment someone sees the ad isn't going to be a time where they're immediately going to call. That makes it easy to ignore and move on. I think a better call to action would be to get them to click and visit your site. They still may not call right away, but your site will provide more information to convince them to call at some point and ideally they'll bookmark the page or record any information they need. Even better might be to have them email for a little more information. That'll keep you on their mind a little longer and offer an opportunity to send more information to persuade them to purchase your service.
    l Join me as I share my creative process and journey as a writer | StevenBradley.me
    l Design, Development, Marketing, and SEO Tutorials | Steven Bradley's Notebook
    l Get my book about Design Fundamentals

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I like Patrysha's suggestions for ad copy very much. Simple and to the point.

Array

Ooh I had another idea...

Before it goes up in flames...buy peace of mind.
    The <HV Inventory Services> so life's disasters are just road bumps.

Array

The left-alignment of the text combined with the italic gives a feeling of the text getting sucked into the flames. It also makes your eyes keep scrolling left back towards the picture. The non-italicized text was better, but you might try out a center or right alignment and see how it looks. Or maybe even try a left-aligned text with a right-aligned call-to-action. That might create a natural eye movement from picture, to text, to action.

Array

another reason a person might need you ~~~you are giving them a way to record inventory for family when they are dividing stuff up, a way to show what you were referring to in your will or final directions...........and maybe .antique appraisals,
    people might need you for several things......
    Last edited by greenoak; 10-31-2010 at 09:21 AM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

I do think there does need to be a bit of breathing room on the text. It is pretty close to the image.
    Twitter: ShredderClay Tumblr: Shredder-Clay Recycle with your Paper Shredder, let me give you a few pointers how... use them in crafts, in shipping, in your compost pile....

I love the concept of your business. Very clever.

As for the ads, resist the urge (and common mistake) of making your ads too busy or trying to get too creative with them. Simplicity and being succinct is key.

Although your wording isn't bad at all I do like patrysha's changes. Especially because she hits on the fact that this is a service valuable in ways outside of just fire loss.

Back to the ad The color in the photo is ok to grab attention but clean the text area up. Probably stick with black text on a white background. Ditch the italics.
    Pete - Reflo Ltd - A smart alternative to sippy cups
    www.reflo.net

I like the second banner due to its appealing color combination.

Array

The picture on the first banner must be specific to clearly tell the audience what you're really talking about.

IT
    Array

I might be late but would like to go with the first one. It's giving a kind of peace to my mind as well as an Important message of bonding.