Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which banner is better?

Array

Default Which banner is better?

Which banner do you think is better?

HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

In the first banner, it's hard to make out what you are seeing. The second banner reminds me more of Autumn colors, especially since it's that time of the year. I think the flames blend in too much with the banner background.
    Twitter: ShredderClay Tumblr: Shredder-Clay Recycle with your Paper Shredder, let me give you a few pointers how... use them in crafts, in shipping, in your compost pile....

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

I think the second picture is a bit more effective. The first just looks like some random disaster picture.

I do agree with Clay that you should change the color of the banner on the second one. Right now it does tend to blend in with the fire.

Array

I think I would like the first one best if the trees looked burnt and didn't look like they had leaves.

The second one certainly stands out more and I think the text would be more powerful if it was non-italic and on a mono-chrome background.

As they stand, I am torn between them.

Array

Thank you for the suggestions. I have modified it based on those suggestions. What do you think.

HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

Array

i like the second one best then the one with the red...
    shorter words might be...do you have a record of your belongings? we can help...
    the whole thing is such a horrible scary thought...
    ann
    Last edited by greenoak; 10-26-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

I played around with the copy a bit...

Making it home again relies on great records...

Our <Record Keeping Sevice> is your key to recovery in the event of fire, burglary and other forms of loss -
    Call Now to ensure you've covered it all.

Array

Hey - I like that.

Array

Re #3 - the white text on a semi-dark ground is hard to read, being italic doesn't help. The variable color background to the text carries my eye away from the picture.

Array

Quote Originally Posted by nealrm View Post
    Hey - I like that.
    Feel free to tweak it and use it. I think the headline next to the burning picture will be a nice juxtoposition...and it changes the focus to the why they need this kind of inventory/recordkeeping...so that life can return to normal as quickly as possible after the loss. There might be (with a little more digging) more emotions at the core of a decision that may be a more effective motivator...but on the surface that seems to be the main one.