Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google has rolled its own image format

Array

I'm going to bring this thread back to life. It's Halloween time so zombies are OK.

It's been several years, has webp gone anywhere? With HTML5 being out and in full force, is this format worth considering?
    HouseView™ - The leading real estate site for South East Missouri. Follow us on Twitter @HVOL.
    Jackson MO Real Estate, Cape Girardeau Missouri Real Estate, Festus Missouri Real Estate

The folks who use it swear it's popular.

The folks who don't use it swear it's irrelevant.

What matters is browser and device support. Only Chrome and Opera support it natively - the rest can be accomplished with yet-another-javascript-shim.
    || VMdoh - Drupal development, consulting, and support

Web Consultant
    Array
    Blog Entries

I still look at it like Microsoft Silver Light, and Apple Maps. Still not the standard that I am going to base much on.

I think there is some basic intention hidden with this image format, as we all know Google does not read images, but I think in the future with the help of their own webp image format they would be able to read images as well and this will make website owners to all the images on their website into this format and this could take off in that way else it is possible to overcome jpeg.
    Website design company in Hyderabad | Best urologist and Kidney Hospital Hyderabad | For website design website development and urologist in Hyderabad for kidney problem.