Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a new view of facebook....

Array

We're getting closer with 4square and other in store applications. Facebook is going to be a part of it, I think...and Twitter to a certain extent, but it's not like spam or anything creepy the way I see it. It's just people talking and sharing and the business owners who are truly passionate about their business and are saavy enough to communicate that love through expertise sharing will continue to shine...as they always have...through word of mouth. Just a bit more directed because now the local business owners are part of the conversation...it's a place full of opportunities :-)

Array

Yes, it's the business owners who are truly passionate about their business that can kill a social gathering in a heartbeat! And even some business gatherings!

Array

thats funny spider.......not us!!!!
    i never heard of it....but if they are trying to share their passion with me i would probably call it spam..... unless i had actively liked them....as in the facebook fan thing...
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

I recently heard that facebook was considering a subscription model - $5 or $10 bucks a month. I personally feel that this is going to be bad. But the firm is looking at an IPO and needs to show potential investors revenue. Do you think this will happen and if so, will it hurt facebook. I bring this up becuase a few years ago - everyone was talking about myspace - but, when it got bought by news corp. it kind of fell out of favor.

Array

im expecting it....dang....at 5$ i think most of my fans would pay..mine are mostly homeowners not kids.....they really use facebook and would miss it a lot ...imho.
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com