Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 kinds

Queen of the Forum
    Array

Blog Entries

Yeah, I do know what that takes and how much managing and thought has to go into it. Selling online certainly isn't for every business.

In your case, Ann, it sounds like your business model works well as it is. I'd say it's a case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'd make one comment. There may be things that you could do on your web site to make it ready for online sales should you want to do that down the road without adding much cost or time.

Just a thought.

Array

thanks bill, if i ever want to do it i would be coming here for advice.... right now i know enough about it to know its not going to be on my to do list anytime soon... actually i got the bug last year and spent 300 on a really nice site already set up for selling..and i did get lots of good info here, from vg.....it was going to be connected to our etsy, but i missed the fact that the same item couldnt be on your site and your etsy....so i dropped it....it probably wouldnt have worked anyway...
    i just look around and see so so few who are making it online....in my field anyway...what i would call making it anyway....
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

ive sold and bought large antique items on ebay....the last one i bought was a large hall bench....Greyhound has very low prices for shipping.....ive also used a local shipper who packages the items and finds the shipper for me...ive sold a large oak bed and a huge dresser this way....it cost the new owner almost $400 each to ship...they were happy...i think they were lawyers...someone with money and not much time...

id figure out a way to ship everything you have....charge what it takes...add $100 for your time....rich people will pay what it takes if its something they really want...that dresser was a $400 dresser, but they paid $800 for it after shipping... they called to say how happy they were and to let them know if i have more things to sell them

look for ways to expand your customer base....this economy may be a permanent thing...you can still grow your business in the middle of it

Array

thanks huggy...i knew about greyhound..your dresser musts have been really nice...... we were swamped today.and sold a lot...... ann
    ann at greenoak www.greenoakantiques.com

Array

dresser was spectacular quality even for 1910...probably belonged to someone rich...almost twice as heavy as the standard 1910 oak dresser.

use Greyhound!.....dont forget to charge extra for your time to bring it there....tell your customers that it costs what it costs..give them a rough estimate + $100 trip charge......that way you arent spending time quoting a requoting shipping...give a range and charge the exact price (send them a copy of the shipping bill)....if they take it they take it....most wont, but some will